Hacking How to play 3DS game in CFW

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
hi i follow the site link https://3ds.guide/ and install CFW + region setting change from japan to us.

now i got english menu already . im very happy. i got 2 question

1) how to play game in 3ds with CFW
2) i use memory card only 2 GB . can i transfer all file on SD Card 2GB into 16GB. does it gonna be brick?

thank

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hi can u send me the link. i dont know what u mean abut OP of the Noob paradise
FFC03057-23D3-4116-AB81-B2B75004A494.jpeg

OP means original post - the very first message on the thread.

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i m very confuse.
1. how to play rom game on 3DS CFW
2. does ROM game support both .cia and .3ds
3. i will install freeshop.cia . does it mean i have to put freeshop.cia into folder /cias and go into homebrew and select install

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i m very confuse.
1. how to play rom game on 3DS CFW
2. does ROM game support both .cia and .3ds
3. i will install freeshop.cia . does it mean i have to put freeshop.cia into folder /cias and go into homebrew and select install
1. Follow the instructions I pointed you to, to install freeShop. Then you can have games installed on your home menu and you simply need to tap their icon and press A to play
2. Cia only but you can convert 3ds to cia using GodMode9
3. Follow the instructions I pointed you to (and that @AyanamiRei0 linked directly)

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
1. Follow the instructions I pointed you to, to install freeShop. Then you can have games installed on your home menu and you simply need to tap their icon and press A to play
2. Cia only but you can convert 3ds to cia using GodMode9
3. Follow the instructions I pointed you to (and that @AyanamiRei0 linked directly)

hi quantumcat
i install freeshop by qrcode already. but i dont understand about encTitleKeys.bin
i dont know where to get it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hi quantumcat
i install freeshop by qrcode already. but i dont understand about encTitleKeys.bin
i dont know where to get it.

Do what the instructions I pointed you to say. They tell you what to do. Start from step 4 if you're sure you have the latest version installed.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: ThoD

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
at step4 Google search 3DS titlekeys on your computer

answer : i got link like this - snip-

download.php
i stuck at step 5 . click the QR code button underneath the heading 'enctitlekeys.bin' i really dont know where it is

thank

Last edited by Issac, , Reason: Don't link to that site

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
ah i see. so sorry for my stupid

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hi Quantumcat. i got last question.
1) direct download rom from freeshop. i dont need to care about region of rom any more . right? afraid it gonna brick my machine.
2) what if i have 3ds game. can u teach me how to cia file of game into sdcard and install it .?

really really thank

EinEin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
ah i see. so sorry for my stupid

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hi Quantumcat. i got last question.
1) direct download rom from freeshop. i dont need to care about region of rom any more . right? afraid it gonna brick my machine.
2) what if i have 3ds game. can u teach me how to cia file of game into sdcard and install it .?

really really thank
Luma is region-free so you can play any games which you download from Freeshop. And no, it's not gonna brick your 3ds.
If the game you download is from a region different from yours then you'll need to use LocaleSwitcher in order for the DLCs for that game to work.

To convert 3ds games to cia, either take a look at the post below or simply use GodMode9.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/

https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9

Reactions: Quantumcat

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
hi einein. thank . so it mean
1. my actual 3DS is japanese now i install bootstrap + luma + region change and set it to USA
now all menue is in english can download any game at freeshop but if it zone different . i need to use localeswither. it is not brick my 3DS

right?

2. Does the Localeswitcher is cia file that install via FBI and before play game that diffeernet zone. i have to use localeswitcher first.

3. Conver 3ds game to cia . GodMode9 i stuck . i cant find bin file . so try to look at other method

4. now i just check my 3DS and see that my nintendEshop error . it mention that my region settiong is differetnt from nintendo eshop
any way to fix it ? becasue now i cant update mii plaza. T T

thank

EinEin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
1. You would only need LumaLocaleSwitcher if you want to play out-of-region DLCs (Extra game contents). To play the game itself, there's no need to do anything further.

2. You can get LumaLocaleSwitcher from here.
https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher

3. There is a guide written for converting to cia using godmode9 here at GBATemp, it's very straightforward. Read it through, I'm sure you'll be fine.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-convert-3ds-files-into-cia-11-2-0-n3ds.454960/

4. You can update your miiplaza through freeshop just fine.

Last edited by EinEin,

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
hi einein
so it mean nintendo eshop will not work anymore . right? because i try to access mii plaza to create character. it is not work. may be i have to retry after update via freeshop.. thank

EinEin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It depends, it's written in the guide, just in case you missed it, I'll quote it here.

After this process, only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and all Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!

https://3ds.guide/region-changing.html

kimnue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
er this process, only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and all Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region ch
It depends, it's written in the guide, just in case you missed it, I'll quote it here.

After this process, only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and all Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!

https://3ds.guide/region-changing.html

HM.. my is old 3DS . No idea much just read the step. i even not know what the hex is NNID . anyway. now i test freeshop is work fine.

try to find the way to convert cia for test.

3DS is very very nice. i love the mario3D land just download for test. my niece gonna love it.

really thank.

ps.. does it has any software that i should install for more. such as emulator or anything. can u suggeest ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night