Hacking How to place a save file onto a retail game cart?

E-Block

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I have an AR DSi (which can extract save files from the carts) and an SCDSTWO. I have an epic platinum save that I played with on my dstwo. I want to put on my retail platinum cartridge. I know how to convert it and all. However, I do not know how to "put" a save file on a cart. Its easy to extract them, but I do not know how to actually replace the save data inside a cartridge. Is it possible to do this? In case anyone has interest in downloading my save, I uploaded a ZIP containing it.

Thanks for reading my question.

Attachments

• Pokemon Platinum Save.zip
    187.7 KB · Views: 291

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Use savegame-manager, you can insert a flashcart save file onto a retail cart using Wi-Fi (requires a FTP server) or a slot2 flashcard (like EZ-Flash IV or EZ-Flash 3 in 1) although both those methods only work with a DS and DS Lite.
I've used savegame manager to insert my flashcart Pokemon Soul Silver save file onto my used bought retail cart and it worked wonders.

E-Block

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use savegame-manager, you can insert a flashcart save file onto a retail cart using Wi-Fi (requires a FTP server) or a slot2 flashcard (like EZ-Flash IV or EZ-Flash 3 in 1) although both those methods only work with a DS and DS Lite.
I've used savegame manager to insert my flashcart Pokemon Soul Silver save file onto my used bought retail cart and it worked wonders.

Is it possible with an ARDSI or is it just possible with Wifi? Because I have a DSi. I hear that you can manage saves with the AR (I have backed up retail cart saves before on it) but I dont know if it works the other way around.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it possible with an ARDSI or is it just possible with Wifi? Because I have a DSi. I hear that you can manage saves with the AR (I have backed up retail cart saves before on it) but I dont know if it works the other way around.

Pretty sure the Action Replay DSi has a way of backup DS save files, have you tried inserting your Platinum cart on your Action Replay DSi and then connecting to the PC and use the Action Replay's manager? There should be a backup option

Reactions: E-Block

E-Block

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the Action Replay DSi has a way of backup DS save files, have you tried inserting your Platinum cart on your Action Replay DSi and then connecting to the PC and use the Action Replay's manager? There should be a backup option

You can back up saves without using a PC. Just the ARDSI, DSI, and a microsd inserted. But I wanted to know if it works the other way around.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can back up saves without using a PC. Just the ARDSI, DSI, and a microsd inserted. But I wanted to know if it works the other way around.

IF there's a backup method, pretty sure the same could be reversed, otherwise there wouldn't be a backup option now would it :)

E-Block

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF there's a backup method, pretty sure the same could be reversed, otherwise there wouldn't be a backup option now would it :)

Well, I could use the FTP method with my Brother's almost-broken dslite (hinge is broken quite a bit, but still works) but I have WPA security, and the DS and DSlite are not compatible with that.

BestR4i3DS.com

Trophies
Website
www.New3DSCard.com
XP
Country
United States
Please try the R4i Save dongle:
【R4i Save Dongle Functionality】
* Fully support 3DS,NDSi,NDSL original game cart.
* Backup game savers from 3DS/NDS/NDSI original game card to PC, to avoid game saver been accidently overwrite.
* Restore game savers backup from PC to 3DS/NDS/NDSI original game cart through USB.
* Editing game savers(level, experience, money etc ...) becomes possible.
* Allow game savers to be share between users.
a. User can share or download game savers from official web site and forums.
b. Game savers sharing allow user jump to certain game level.
* Upgradeable dongle firmware through USB for support new games and new features.
* User friendly software interface to manage the save file.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though the post above me is a bit of a shameless plug, I have to agree about the functionality of the save dongle. While it is mostly useless for 3DS games these days, it's still a highly useful tool for moving saves between flashcarts and retail carts. The raw saves that the dongle generates are natively compatible with most flashcarts available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a