Hardware How to pack vWii-specific titles into Wii installable WADs?

HNKii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Some years ago, I got a NAND dump from my friend's vWii and extracted some WADs to install on my own Wii(Channels, of course, not IOSes or system menu!), but these channels are outdated according to the Title database.http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database
I tried punching in the title ID into the regular Wii NUS downloader and successfully downloaded the encrypted files of these channels, but WAD packing failed since they weren't encrypted with the Wii common key.
Since both the Wii U and vWii common keys are out already, is there anyway to decrypt these files and pack them as installable WADs? Thanks for helping! :D

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can use Wii U eShop titles on the Wii even if they run in vWii mode. If you're looking for Wii shop title info it would be in WiiBrew's database, not WiiUBrew's. :)

In any case, NUS Downloader needs the cetk file with the ticket and certificate chain for the title to be able to decrypt titles. If you have a wad for the game already they're in it.

HNKii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I don't think you can use Wii U eShop titles on the Wii even if they run in vWii mode. If you're looking for Wii shop title info it would be in WiiBrew's database, not WiiUBrew's. :)

In any case, NUS Downloader needs the cetk file with the ticket and certificate chain for the title to be able to decrypt titles. If you have a wad for the game already they're in it.
I do have the ticket and cert files. vWii titles are in the WiiUbrew database, it's all the way to the bottom.... :(
Any guide on exactly how to do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs