How to pack vWii-specific titles into Wii installable WADs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by HNKii, Feb 27, 2017.

1. HNKii
    OP

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    Some years ago, I got a NAND dump from my friend's vWii and extracted some WADs to install on my own Wii(Channels, of course, not IOSes or system menu!), but these channels are outdated according to the Title database.http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database
    I tried punching in the title ID into the regular Wii NUS downloader and successfully downloaded the encrypted files of these channels, but WAD packing failed since they weren't encrypted with the Wii common key.
    Since both the Wii U and vWii common keys are out already, is there anyway to decrypt these files and pack them as installable WADs? Thanks for helping! :D

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I don't think you can use Wii U eShop titles on the Wii even if they run in vWii mode. If you're looking for Wii shop title info it would be in WiiBrew's database, not WiiUBrew's. :)

In any case, NUS Downloader needs the cetk file with the ticket and certificate chain for the title to be able to decrypt titles. If you have a wad for the game already they're in it.

3. HNKii
    OP

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    I do have the ticket and cert files. vWii titles are in the WiiUbrew database, it's all the way to the bottom.... :(
    Any guide on exactly how to do it?