Gaming How to pack theme files into single cia file for instalation?

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I have EUR 3DS XL (not the new one)
I use Gateway emunand, and i have no problems installing cia theme files, its great, but i wanna make my custom themes and i saw individual files created after that, also when i want to download custom themes others have made, they are all in some files, not in cia file ready for instalation... I just wanna ask is there some way i can pack those files into single cia file so i can install it?

Thank you!

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill try it. thanks a lot!
For custom themes, you will need to create an icon.png (48 x 48 px) and a name.txt (a text doc containing just the name of the theme) for each theme in the same folder as all the other files for the theme.

Heres a gif to reference if you need any help, it shows the folder structure and how each theme folder should look.

9whAp.gif

In howling, you would pick the folder containing the 3 sub folders Custom, Custom NSFW, and Oficiales.

Howling is kind of an annoying application to use, but once you figure it out it's fine.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
For custom themes, you will need to create an icon.png (48 x 48 px) and a name.txt (a text doc containing just the name of the theme) for each theme in the same folder as all the other files for the theme.

Heres a gif to reference if you need any help, it shows the folder structure and how each theme folder should look.

9whAp.gif

In howling, you would pick the folder containing the 3 sub folders Custom, Custom NSFW, and Oficiales.

Howling is kind of an annoying application to use, but once you figure it out it's fine.
wow thanks, i did not expect you to be so helpfull.
annoying in what way? complicated to use?

also..im a little afraid of bricking...but i use emunand so im safe, right, as long as i make emunand backup?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) You're not at risk of bricking.
2) You shouldn't be using EmuNAND, you should be using A9LH with Luma3DS and updated SysNAND.

The guide provides instructions for both setting up A9LH and moving your EmuNAND to SysNAND properly, so you should look into that.

http://3ds.guide/
http://3ds.guide/move-emunand

While not necessary, it is very highly recommended.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
1) You're not at risk of bricking.
2) You shouldn't be using EmuNAND, you should be using A9LH with Luma3DS and updated SysNAND.

The guide provides instructions for both setting up A9LH and moving your EmuNAND to SysNAND properly, so you should look into that.

http://3ds.guide/
http://3ds.guide/move-emunand

While not necessary, it is very highly recommended.
But i can play games fine with GW, why should i do that?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But i can play games fine with GW, why should i do that?

Oh okay, so you're a gateway user.

Look, Most people don't use gateway anymore because the open source CFW avaliable are vastly superior, in both interface, and technical capability.

The only benefits that Gateway has over CFW are the ability to play actual roms of 3DS cartridges, and I've also heard it's cheat system isn't bad. However, both of these "benefits" have debatably superior alternatives.

On CFW instead of putting the rom on a separate SD in a flashcart, you can install them directly to the home menu, on the actual SD card in the 3DS, just like a digital title from the eShop. Installing can be done in a few ways, but typically the most popular way is through a homebrew app called "FreeShop" (from the name I'm sure you can gather what it does)

In terms of cheats, CFW uses a sub-cfw called NTR, which has the ability to load individually compiled plugins, complete with menus for selecting what cheats to enable and fancy graphics too, with the only negative being that making a cheat plugin has a bit more overhead compared to Gateshark.

In addition, the Gateway team has done some very shady stuff in the past, and thus, the community as a whole has a general lack of trust in both the team behind gateway, and the product itself.

So, if you haven't already, it may be worth it to at least look into dropping the Gateway in favor of pure CFW, but, do whatever you'd like, it's up to you. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning