ROM Hack how to pack split NSPs in to one XCI with NSCB

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the games I have installed are larger the 4gig and when I dump them I get multiple files. Is there a way I can pack these back to a single XCI for my backups?

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Some of the games I have installed are larger the 4gig and when I dump them I get multiple files. Is there a way I can pack these back to a single XCI for my backups?
Use the joiner first to join it into one nsp. (Mode 7), bascally put your 00,01,.. parts in a folder and drag the folder.
That joiner allows ns0,xc0 and 00 files and then adds the ns*,xc*,0* files to process that have the same name. So basically:
nsp folder\game1.ns0 will seeknsp folder\ game1.ns1, etc...
nsp folder\00 will seek nsp folder\01, etc...
Is the mode 7 - FILE-JOINER. Then use the joined file in the mode 1 or mode 2 depending on your needs. Is 2 steps but there isn't direct support for split files yet.

mode7.PNG

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was my tool for dumping, nxdumptool worked much better. It auto repacked it for me. Thx for this info, going to try that also.

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JRoad
So I'm trying this method you first spoke of and I must be missing something as the code claims it does something but does not.

I press 7 then drag 00 in , followed by 01
I then press 1 and it just comes back with no feedback

I get these options.

Input "0" to go back to the mode selection
Input "1" to exit the program

no output was made that I can tell. I do not see it in the list when I hit 'i' do I need to rename the 00 to some NSCB can use? Even if I drop in the folder with 00 and 01 in it, it still adds nohting.

Last edited by ulao,

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@JRoad
So I'm trying this method you first spoke of and I must be missing something as the code claims it does something but does not.

I press 7 then drag 00 in , followed by 01
I then press 1 and it just comes back with no feedback

I get these options.

Input "0" to go back to the mode selection
Input "1" to exit the program

no output was made that I can tell. I do not see it in the list when I hit 'i' do I need to rename the 00 to some NSCB can use? Even if I drop in the folder with 00 and 01 in it, it still adds nohting.
Ok, my mistake. I knwe about the "i" bug but vacations and all i didn't released the bugfix yet. About the 00,01 thing it seems i changed something without realizing it. Apparently currently is only working with .ns* or .xc1 files. So you'll have to rename them like this:
00 -> game.ns0
01 -> game.ns1

That will join them and give you game.nsp, just tested it. I'll look into it to track where i messed it up but i can confirm is working with .xc* and .ns* extensions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning