How to output DS lite picture to LCD screen?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Metoroid0, Mar 26, 2013.

Mar 26, 2013
  1. Metoroid0
    OP

Member Metoroid0 Any objections Adam?

Japan
    I have some Digital photo frame and i want to hack ds lite hardware and photo fame so i can output picture from ds to frame.

Can someone help :)

I think it would be interesting...

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    You'll need some serious hacking (and I mean hardware-wise) skills joined with programming skills and an FPGA or an equivalent that'll do the translation and upscaling job.

In short, you need to take the direct LCD signal from the motherboard, interpret it in an FPGA, upscale it to a proper resolution, write a driver for the LCD you wish to output it on (unless it already comes with one) and connect it. Not an easy job. ;)

I'd also like to point out that not all LCD's will magically be compatible - the less similar the hardware is the more tinkering will be needed to get it to work.

There was a ready kit for the DS that did all this and translated the signal to standard A/V Out-type but it was expensive and very rare. There's also the IS-Nitro, but you'd have to dish out big bucks for that - you're better off contructing one yourself.

http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/DS/jumbotron/

Some insight on how it's done.

3. Guerillaz

Newcomer Guerillaz Advanced Member

United States
    Well that was more complicated than I thought lol