Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by buzzlightyear, Apr 27, 2006.
Anyone seen any guides/tutorials how to open and taking apart the ds lite case?
I don't know about guides, but I for one am wondering why you would ever want to take apart a perfectly good DS Lite! Oh the technology~!
I want to see the components inside. Like peeking under a beautiful womans blouse ;P
yeah.. but there's no reason for double posting..
i've seen screenshots of how the dslite looks internally.. will those do?
Inside there will be:
a green printed circuit board (PCB) with the word Nintendo on it somwhere.
lots of little black chips attached to the PCB.
Some rubber bits.
Some plastic bits.
Some metal bits.
lik-sang probably has some nice pictures of a DSL torn down to parts. they always do that when a new handheld comes out.
Im curious as to what type screws are the corner type screws looks like a star head to me I tried the small star head screwdriver and it doesnt work just seems to butcher the screw
I would assume theyre the usual Nintendo triwing screws. There are a variety of places that sell screwdrivers for them, but the head size is usally too big for the little gba/nds/l screws.
I misread bits as tits >_>
Lik Sang has some fitting screwdrivers. I odered one from them and it does the job well. Used it with a normal DS though.
I can verify that the Lite's screws and the standard DS's screws are the same. If the screwdriver fits the smaller Tri-wing screws that Nintendo used since the SP, it'll work with the Lite. My screwdriver is too big, but... whatever. I can still use it for the bigger Tri-wing screws.
is that the "GBA opening tool" on Liksang?
If so its not available any more. Anyone got tips for other places to buy them?
I guess they'll get it back in stock... Maybe Lik Sang Europe still has them: http://www.lik-sang.com/europe.php? That's where I got mine... Looks like Play Asia has got some, too: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b8-49-en-70-1fe.html
Edit: Oh wait, it looks like the Play Asia screwdriver might not fit the smaller screws!
I ordered one from play-asia last week in order to open my Lite and try to fix a stuck pixel. Ive read at elotrolado.net that any Nintendo Tri-Wing will open any N console. If you refer to the Inside of the console, any lil phillips screwdriver will do.
I will post my stuck pixel rescue once I receive the tri-wing. I pick the economical postage, so maybe on a week or so Ill get it.
I also have a stuck pixel (not dead)...
is there any good way of removing it?
Please keep me up-to-date on your findings.
so i tried to open up my dsl. i took put 6 screws. two on the left one on the right one in the nds slot two in the battarie slot. so i was wondering wether there are any hidden screws left. because the wont come of.
you should either use the nifty "search" feature of gbatemp or look at the stickys at the top of each section. they're both pretty useful.
Quick messy guid.
1. Take out the battery.
2. Pop off the rubber pads on the bottom side of the DS Lite.
3. Take out the screws in each corner, and also that were under the rubber pads, and also the center screws located in each slot. Should be one screw you didn't touch in the battery bay, leave it alone for now.
4. Pull the case of the DS Lite at the GBA slot very lightly away from the body, this is a locking mechanism, and lift just a little bit upwards.
5. Now pull the entire bottom shell straight up slowly and carefully, you don't want to break any power or volume control pins.
6. There are two screws (I beleive can't remember from my previous adventures diving in) that hold the DS Lite mobo down, take those off.
7. On the underside are the ribbon connectors, for the big ones flip the black flap up (not sure if this is in the DS Lite, for the DS it's in there). If there's no black flap, take a small slotted screw driver and push the brown thing under the ribbon flap outward. Then pull the ribbons out.
8. Take the mobo out.
9. To open the top take out the rubber pads on the inside of the top screen.
10. Take the screws out.
11. Once they're out, slide the outter shell away from the DS Lite hinge.
12. Then slide to the right I beleive if you were looking at the DS Lite from the outside.
13. Pull thhe shell off.
14. Take off the LED housing on the bottom half of the shell by unscrewing two screws.
15. slip the ribbon for the top screen through the bottom shell using that slit they provide.
16. Your DS Lite should be pretty much dismantled at this point, lol.
If you don't have a triwing screw driver, I can suggest using a Craftsman 3/64 inch slotted screw driver, or a 1.2 mm slotted screw driver. They work just as well unless you get some cheap one that breaks all the time.... Anyways, don't forget to ground yourself before you touch that mobo, might short circuit it if you dont, then you'd brick your DS Lite.