How to open palette files in Crystaltile2

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by matthewn4444, Apr 15, 2010.

Apr 15, 2010
  1. matthewn4444
    OP

Member matthewn4444 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi, and I am playing around with a few files to get images working. I'm fooling around with i_cam_alchemist_00.cmp in Etrian odyssey1 and I know that i_cam_alchemist_00.ntft is the pallete file. So I open up the pallete in 'Tahaxan - Tihaxa' and open the i_cam_alchemist_00.cmp with Crystaltile2 with dimensions of 48X81 (because I think 48X81 = 3888, and 3888 is the size of the file). I can see the palette in 'Tahaxan - Tihaxa' but I can only save it as an image (16X16) and not ".pal' file.
    I was wondering if I can import this palette file from bmp or jpg as pal so that the palette can be imported into Crystaltile2, or is the only option to place each pixel into the palette panel (all 256 of them)? I am approaching this correctly?

2. neoxephon

Member neoxephon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Have you tried opening the palette in CT2, then go to hex mode, and then Edit -> DATA > Palette Conversion, then export to .pal and import it for your graphic file? Sometimes this will work, depending on the palette.

3. matthewn4444
    OP

Member matthewn4444 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ya thanks I got that. I figured out that the image is compressed in rle, i was wondering if there is a program that can compress and decompress it, I have been looking around (i know how it works) to finding a program. I was thinking of programming it but i have troubles with reading hexidecimal and how it works with rle, I guess I have to look around.