How to Open Nat w/ Bridge connection

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Julian Sidewind, Sep 15, 2009.

Sep 15, 2009
  1. Julian Sidewind
    OP

Member Julian Sidewind GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ok guys, I've tried scouring the blagosphere and called xbox support for help but they were poo so I'm asking you guys in case you know.

I have my 360 hooked to my laptop's lan port via crossover cable, bridged the connection, static ip'd the xbox and laptop, opened ports 53, 80, 88, and 3074 on both, and when i test my xbox live connection it stops me and says my connection is moderate nat. Now to change it to moderate nat is said to restart the modem and then to enable UPnP on the router. I've done both with no luck and the xbox guy said that its something on my computer stopping it, so i was wondering if you guys knew what i could disable on my computer so i could have open nat. In windows firewall i've let the ports i've forwarded through on incoming and outgoing for the record.

help is greatly appreciated

2. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Disable windows firewall completely because its a piece of shit

Also if you have linksys router, under security make sure " Filter Internet NAT Redirection " is unchecked, also make sure to DISABLE UPnP(administration->management tab) because it takes precedence over your opened ports...hence the ports will not really be open and you'll get NAT issues

3. Julian Sidewind
    OP

Member Julian Sidewind GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I disabled the firewall, it doesnt make a difference with the ports i allowed through.

I have a d-link router and the nat option wasnt there, but i disabled UPnP...i also took the static ip off the xbox and kept it on the computer and it seemed to work

now the only problem i have is my xbox connection is 3/4 bars when my laptop has 5/5 bars connection but i think thats not fixable