ROM Hack How to open & edit pic/sprite in BIN extension?

ShinRyouma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I want to edit a skin for my flashcart, the sprite is in SD Gundam G Generation Cross Drive. I export the unit sprite file with CrystalTile2, then I try to open the file with Photoshop CS2, but I can't because the file is in BIN extension. What program can I use to open & edit unitsprite.BIN?

ShinRyouma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I open the .nds file, I click on "edit" but "export image" isn't clickable (it's grey). I open unitsprite.bin and the "export image" is grey too. Is there another way?

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Try changing the file extension, its possible its just named different to throw you off. I'd try out PNG or JPG first. I know I've opened a few games that did this.

ShinRyouma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I try to open unitsprite.jpg in photoshop, it says "Could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment lenght is too short (the file may be truncated or incomplete)"
If I open the .png one, it says "Could not complete your request because file format-module cannot parse the file"

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Ok then, obviously its not tricking you
biggrin.gif
, sorry I couldnt help out anymore.

ShinRyouma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I got Tile Molester, but it's Nokia application, I can't open it. I asked in romhacking.net, someone suggest me to use tile editor (YY-CHR), scroll through the file untill I see the sprite, but all I see is colorfull box, not the gundam sprite.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
ShinRyouma said:
I got Tile Molester, but it's Nokia application, I can't open it. I asked in romhacking.net, someone suggest me to use tile editor (YY-CHR), scroll through the file untill I see the sprite, but all I see is colorfull box, not the gundam sprite.
It's not a Nokia application, it's a Java binary. Install Java on your computer and you're ready to go.
The colorful box you're probably referring to is the sprite you're looking for but you need to load the palette too in order to view it properly...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: