Hacking Question How to move SD EmuNAND to Hidden Partition (Windows 10)?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I have misunderstood.
So to copy contents from my old SD card to the new SD card with the hidden emunand, how specifically do I do that? I can't see my hidden emunand when I plug the SD card into my computer.

And then I just rename the Nintendo folder to Emutendo, right? And then everything will be the same as before on the emunand as it was on the sysnand?
1. remove the old SD card from switch
2. copy boot.dat and license.dat to the new SD card, put it in to the switch
3. create emunand
4. copy Nintendo folder from the old SD card to the new SD card (yes you won't see the hidden emunand but it doesn't matter. just copy it to the SD card partition you see in your PC)
5. rename Nintendo folder to Emutendo

see the original post for details about Emutendo folder https://team-xecuter.com/sx-os-v2-3-beta-announcement/

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. remove the old SD card from switch
2. copy boot.dat and license.dat to the new SD card, put it in to the switch
3. create emunand
4. copy Nintendo folder from the old SD card to the new SD card (yes you won't see the hidden emunand but it doesn't matter. just copy it to the SD card partition you see in your PC)
5. rename Nintendo folder to Emutendo

see the original post for details about Emutendo folder https://team-xecuter.com/sx-os-v2-3-beta-announcement/

Ok, thanks! But if I am copying emutendo to my visible sd card partition, then how does having a hidden emunand benefit me. If Nintendo decided to check what's on the SD card, they would find emutendo. Isn't the whole point of having a "hidden" emunand to have nothing suspicious for them to see on your sd card? Am I missing something?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thanks! But if I am copying emutendo to my visible sd card partition, then how does having a hidden emunand benefit me. If Nintendo decided to check what's on the SD card, they would find emutendo. Isn't the whole point of having a "hidden" emunand to have nothing suspicious for them to see on your sd card? Am I missing something?
true, but I don't think they'll do that
it's a non-proprietary storage, so people may and will dump all kind of files in it. what if someone just happen to have a folder named Emutendo with completely unrelated content in the SD card, will they get banned because of that? unless if it's in their NAND storage

for me, hidden emunand is better than having emunand as file just because it minimize the risk of file corruption due to how switch handle file operation (especially if you use exfat)

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
true, but I don't think they'll do that
it's a non-proprietary storage, so people may and will dump all kind of files in it. what if someone just happen to have a folder named Emutendo with completely unrelated content in the SD card, will they get banned because of that? unless if it's in their NAND storage

for me, hidden emunand is better than having emunand as file just because it minimize the risk of file corruption due to how switch handle file operation (especially if you use exfat)

I've read that homebrew can mess things up on exfat. Does emunand completely fix that or just help?

Nym5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all.

I'm trying to make use of this process to migrate my SD Files Emunand to Hidden Partition.
The problem is that, after plugging my SD Card into my PC and trying to run this command:

dd if=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 of=first1024.bin bs=1024 count=1

I get this error

error native opening input file 0 the operation completed successfully.

Does anyone knows the reason?

The following print shows how my SD is right now, after I format it and use SX OS to create a new Hidden Partition Emunand.
As I understand, the number of the disk is 1 and the partition number is 0. Is this correct?
upload_2021-6-3_19-48-46.png

EDIT:
I think I found the error. When looking through DiskPart, it shows that my SD actually only have the Partition 1. But I used SX OS itself to make the emunand. Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Last edited by Nym5,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.

I'm trying to make use of this process to migrate my SD Files Emunand to Hidden Partition.
The problem is that, after plugging my SD Card into my PC and trying to run this command:

dd if=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 of=first1024.bin bs=1024 count=1

I get this error

error native opening input file 0 the operation completed successfully.

Does anyone knows the reason?

The following print shows how my SD is right now, after I format it and use SX OS to create a new Hidden Partition Emunand.
As I understand, the number of the disk is 1 and the partition number is 0. Is this correct?
View attachment 265489

EDIT:
I think I found the error. When looking through DiskPart, it shows that my SD actually only have the Partition 1. But I used SX OS itself to make the emunand. Does anyone knows how to fix this?
I believe you can use EmuTool to automate the entire process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LPrmtVWsA