How to move save files from NDSi to R4 ?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Distrance, Aug 6, 2010.

Aug 6, 2010
  1. Distrance
    OP

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Here's the thing .. I've been playing a game (DQ IX) on my friends DSi for a while now. I do have a copy of the save file on my SD card. Now that I bought my own DSi, I want to move that save file onto the R4 card. However, this is as far as I can go in '' Moving save files from NDSi to R4 .. '' : I CANT find the file on my SD Card. I don't know what it is named, or where to find it. I use this SD card as homebrew on the Wii, so it has tons of other files aswell to just confuse me even more.

I did find folder called private / ds / title / and then there were two files, .LST and .BIN .. neither of these is a save file.

Any help please ? [​IMG]

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    :facepalm:
    Game saves for cart-based games are not stored on the DSi itself. They're stored on the cart. You need to find some means to upload the save off the DQIX cart. I would suggest using the NDS Wifi Backup Tool.

3. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Well like I said, I just got my DSi so I didn't know that !

So humm.. Do you run this thing from the computer and it connects to the DSi ? I also thought of buying the game, but here's another problem : I don't have Wi-fi, and for some reason that is beyond me, the Data Management is not available on the DSi menu until I have connected to online and entered the Shop.

4. Krestent

United States
    If you don't have Wi-Fi, then your only option is buying a save dumper off the Internet such as this one:
    http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...lus-p-3018.html.

5. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    They don't even ship overseas .. Well never mind, I guess I will start over. ( I had only like 5 hours of gameplay on that save anyway )

Although are you sure that when you copy DS save file from the Data Management window to the SD card, it can't be converted to a .SAV file with something ?

6. Krestent

United States
    DS games do not store their data on the DSi NAND, so it can't show up in Data Management. Data Management is for managing DSiware games and saves.

7. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Okay .. Then how do you explain me going to Data Management on my friends DSi, seeing Dragon Quest savefile and then using the copy method to copy it to my DS card ? [​IMG]

I got also couple quick questions that I don't think are thread worthy so if you could answer them I'd apperciate it.

1. Is 5 hours battery life for DSi right, when using 4th brightness setting ? Also does volume matter to battery life.. does it matter if I keep it on max or at med etc. ? Also when I charge my DSi, then take the cable out when it's charged .. if I put it right back in, it will show the light that it is charging again for about 20 minutes ... why ?

2. Can I use pressured air to clean the screen of dust ( mainly from the corners as it's impossible to get the dust out with a cloth ). I'm mainly worried wether the liquid will disappear normally from the screen as it would from everything else, and will it leave any marks/stains ?

Edit : One more question about the R4 itself.. Does R4 Gold support SDHC and if so, up to what size ?