How to move homebrew channel to sd card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dogger2001, May 7, 2011.

May 7, 2011
  1. dogger2001
    OP

Newcomer dogger2001 Newbie

United States
    Unzip MMM (Multi Mod Manager) and put it in the apps folder.
    Put the homebrew channel in the wad folder
    Use ios 249 and install both of them. Go to the system menu and you will have 2 homebrew channels. Go to data management and then channels. One will be 11 blocks and the other will be 8. Move the one tha is 8 blocks to the sd card. And it will work. You cant update homebrew but that doesnt matter the new version isnt all that great anyway.

I have seen a lot of people asking this question so I thought I would make this tutorial on how to do it and all i get is your crap. And if you think its pointless why would you click on the link anyway?

and if you want the hbc wad search HBC-HBCH-1.0.3.wad on the internet

http://www.mediafire.com/?ciwdwhgu0cp0tmm

2. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Why would you want to do this?

3. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Was wondering the same thing. This is totally pointless.

Also, the second and third link are warez. The second appears to be an HBC with the titleID changed, and the third is an IOS wad.

4. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Lol, this whole thing is pointless. Besides, you don't need a patched SM to use the HBC on an SD card.

5. techboy

United States
    Not to load apps from SD, but to run the HBC from the SD Menu (which is what this tutorial does), you do. Same goes for any other unofficial or pirated channel.

EDIT: Oh, and post reported for illegal links.

6. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    I'm talking about if you just move the original to the SD card. I know it has to be patched for wares (although I take a strong stand against piracy).

7. techboy

United States
    If you move HBC to your SD card, it will not run or move back without a patched SM IOS.

The regular HBC is fakesigned just like warez. As far as the Wii is concerned, there's no difference between a completely legal custom channel (e.g. HBC or a CustomizeMii channel) and warez.

EDIT: Typo...

8. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The answer is dont.

9. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

The reason I asked is related to what techboy pointed out - if your system menu IOS isn't patched you end up with no HBC on your wii and a copy of HBC on your SD card that won't run. This became a recurring problem when 4.0 was released and is partly the reason for HBC changing to a non-ascii title ID (the current title ID can't be created on FAT partitions so moving the channel to the SD card fails).

10. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Wait, you guys report cIOS60.wad and a HBC.wad, but not Multi Mod Manager? Technically is it as illegal as both mentioned wads.

11. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    What?
    Why would a homebrew made with legal SDK and not providing copyrighted data is the same as distributing a wad file?

Edit : I did some searches.

Are you talking about GPL license?
    I've read he sends the sources (v1.12) if asked.
    He was supposed to removed all the GPL'd sources in v1.13, but we can't check (though, Tueidj did and it's still there [​IMG] )

I didn't know about that sources problem, I never liked that compilation homebrew and always preferred using the original author's tools instead.
    People shouldn't rely on closed sources homebrew (bricking DS, deleting PS3 files), but unfortunately it's up to them and they won't listen [​IMG]
    MMM has been tested by a lot of users and has enough comment to know if it's safe or not, though I don't know why Wiiwu doesn't want to share the sources when he clearly benefit form other dev's work.