How to move emunand to another sd card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by player0, Nov 22, 2014.

1. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Hi I want to move my emunand to another sd card. I have created a new emunand on this new card, but I want to keep my current emunand. If I use HxD, how many sections do I need to copy and write over from the old sd card to the new sd card to move over my current emunand completely?

Thanks for helping

2. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
  3. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
  4. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    It can't detect any of your cards containing the emunands?

5. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Ive got the same problem too, i had an old 3DS XL for emunand which I retired as a fully updated one after i got a newer XL on 4.4. The emunand partition should just stay there, right? But emunand tool doesn't read my partition either.

6. aquishyface

aquishyface Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    I also had a problem at first with the tool not seeing my SD card. I plugged my SD into another laptops card reader and it worked (The Emunand tool could now see it) and I successfully backed up my emunand. Try another card reader. After that I imagine all you have to do is use the tool to inject your backup emunand into your new SD.

7. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    You can extract it manually with Hex workshop or maybe HxD but there are 2 different sizes.
    Toshiba NAND has 1931264 sectors and Samsung NAND has 1953792.

Emunand starts from sector 1 of the SD card.

8. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    Not in your case. NAND is unique to each individual 3DS, emulated or not. You need to redo you emuNAND on your new 3DS, you can't use the one from the old unit.

EmuNAND Tool not recognizing the partition though, is another problem. I'd try the new card reader idea.

9. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Yes, i was aware they aren't interchangeable. I wanted to extract it for another purpose, mainly to differentiate a bunch of 4.5 NAND images I have on my PC which i didnt label correctly. Silly me :cry:

10. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    Sorry. I misunderstood you then.

Carry on. :-)

11. player0
    OP

player0 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2006
    Ah thanks, I can see mine one is 1931264
    Copied and written the whole data sections onto my new SD card, all good now, thanks heaps!