How to move emulated NAND saves to wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pubert09, May 21, 2010.

May 21, 2010
  1. pubert09
    OP

Member pubert09 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Right now, I'm using a emulated NAND for Rock Band 2 so I can have more DLC and I was wondering if there is a way to take the save game off of my HDD and move it back to the wii. I have some new high scores I want to keep and I don't want to overwrite them when I get more DLC.

Thanks in advance!

2. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Not did this myself, but if you get WiiCrazys FE100 ( a tool for packing/unpacking saves ) then navigate to your save, grab all the needed files you *should* be able to pack it into a save file

OR

Grab the save files, and then change the folder naming and use Waninkokos SaveGameManager.

Not gave much thought as to what would be the best/easiest method, I'd think the wanin way is the easiest.

3. alexcalibur

Member alexcalibur GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've done this with sneek --> Wii, which I figure is similar to what you are going to end up wanting. I used waninkoko's savegame manager. I just had to poke around the folders until I figured out which game I wanted then name it correctly.

I had to dump a few savegames to figure out the naming format but all in all I got it working in less that 10 minutes.

4. pubert09
    OP

Member pubert09 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay, thanks to both of you!

Edit: That didn't exactly work. I got the file and moved it. But It didn't recognize the save.
    I found another way using RawkSD. I just use the installer to backup my emulated nand save and restore it on my wii.