How to mount PKG and ISO files on IRISMAN?

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
iirc you have to press triangle once in the file manager, it'll show a menu with an option to mount it (at least for pkg). ISOs should be detected automatically if put in the right folder (PS3ISO for PS3 games, PS2ISO for PS2, ...)

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
iirc you have to press triangle once in the file manager, it'll show a menu with an option to mount it (at least for pkg). ISOs should be detected automatically if put in the right folder (PS3ISO for PS3 games, PS2ISO for PS2, ...)

That's what I recall but nothing appears when I do that.

It doesn't detect PS2 games in the external HDD's FAT32/NTFS partition's PS2ISO folder, only in the PS3's PS2ISO folder.

It doesn't detect PS2 CUE/BIN games in the PS3's PS2ISO folder and also in the external HDD's FAT32/NTFS partition's PS2ISO folder, only in PS3's PSXISO folder and in the external HDD's FAT32/NTFS partition's PSXISO folder. I thought only PS1 games went to the PSXISO folder but it seems PS2 CUE/BIN games do too.

EDIT: Now the "Mount + Exit to XMB" setting appears and I'm able to mount PKG files from external HDD's NTFS partitions but it doesn't work for PS2 games but to be honest I don't recall if it ever did.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,
Reactions: Eveldee

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
PS2 games can't be played on external drives, you can at best copy them to the PS3 hdd (webman does that if you try to play a ps2 game from external drive) but that's all. Glad that it at least works for pkg

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That's what I recall but nothing shows up when I do that. Weird.

It doesn't detect PS2 games on FAT32's/NTFS's external HDD's PS2ISO folder, only in the PS3's PS2ISO folder.

It doesn't detect as well PS2 games in the CUE/BIN formats in the PS3's PS2ISO folder and also in FAT32's/NTFS's external HDD's PS2ISO folder, only in PS3's PSXISO folder and in FAT32's/NTFS's external HDD's PSXISO folder. I thought only PS1 games went to the PSXISO folder but it looks like PS2 games that are in the CUE/BIN format do too.

EDIT: Now the "Mount + Exit to XMB" setting shows up and I'm able to mount PKG files on NTFS partitions but it doesn't work for PS2 games but to be honest I don't recall if it ever did.
Iso is good fro NTFS drives. Make sure its MBR and not GPT.
You can convert ps2 bins to iso many ways. I use OPL on PC to convert.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PS2 games can't be played on external drives, you can at best copy them to the PS3 hdd (webman does that if you try to play a ps2 game from external drive) but that's all. Glad that it at least works for pkg

What do you think should be done, copying PS2 games to an external HDD and then using IRISMAN's file manager to copy them to the PS3 or just uploading them to the PS3? The former might be faster but the second has two steps so I don't know which one is faster overall.

Iso is good fro NTFS drives. Make sure its MBR and not GPT.
You can convert ps2 bins to iso many ways. I use OPL on PC to convert.

I put the PS3 ISOs on my external HDD's NTFS partition and I already download PS2 ISOs, so no need to convert them.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What do you think I should do, copy PS2 games to an external HDD and then use FileZilla's File Manager to copy them to the PS3 or just FTP them the PS3? The former might be faster but the second has two processes so I don't know which one is faster overall.

I put PS3 ISOs on my external HDD's NTFS partition and I already download PS2 ISOs, so no need to convert them.
USB should look like internal does:

PSXISO
PS2ISO
PS3ISO

PS2 games get copied over to internal when launching for the firt time from usb - You can ftp from computer or do it through the PS3 when loading the PS2 game.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
USB should look like internal does:

PSXISO
PS2ISO
PS3ISO

PS2 games get copied over to internal when launching for the firt time from usb - You can ftp from computer or do it through the PS3 when loading the PS2 game.

But they don't even appear on my IRISMAN while on the external HDD so how can I launch them? You're saying IRISMAN prompts me to copy them to the PS3? But which way is faster, copy them to the external HDD and to the PS3 next or upload them right away to the PS3?

Also, which one is faster, running a game from the PS3 or from an external HDD? Do we need to connect the external HDD to the PS3 Slim's right USB port or just when following PS3Xploit?

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But they don't even show up on my IRISMAN while on the external HDD so how can I launch them? You're telling me IRISMAN prompts me to copy them to the PS3? But each way is faster, copy them to the external HDD and afterwards to the PS4 or FTP them right away to the PS3?

Also, which one is faster, running a game from PS3 or from external USB? Do we need to connect the USB port to the PS3's right USB port or just when using PS3Xploit?
Both USB ports are USB 2.0 as per wikipedia so it shouldn't change anything to play the drive in either port, I've only seen a limitation like this on the Wii.

As for which method is faster, you'll have to try it yourself but both ways should take around the same time as copying files from external hdd to the PS3 is slow too anyway

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pkg's should be installed on the system last i checked, or does IrisMan has the option to play pkg files without doing so? Never heard of such a thing..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pkg's should be installed on the system last i checked, or does IrisMan has the option to play pkg files without doing so? Never heard of such a thing..
game data tool can do it, but there are several caveats: it doesn't work with all games, the hdd must be fat32, and installing pkg files to external is slow (like over an hour for a large pkg), same with installing game data. it's just a remapping of the game folder. it's not worth it considering.

Reactions: CoolMe

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
game data tool can do it, but there are several caveats: it doesn't work with all games, the hdd must be fat32, and installing pkg files to external is slow (like over an hour for a large pkg), same with installing game data. it's just a remapping of the game folder. it's not worth it considering.

Do you know if it's worth it installing programs like Internet Download Manager? I don't know if they really speed up downloads but it seems Internet Download Manager downloads parts of the files and then joins them. The latter takes a lot if time if the downloaded files are big (not to mention the time it takes to download the file parts) so what's the advantage of these programs? Internet Download Manager often can't download from some websites, thus I lose my download ticket.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if it's worth installing programs like Internet Download Manager? I don't know if they really speed up downloads but it looks like Internet Download Manager downloads parts of the files and then joins them. The latter takes a lot if time if the downloaded files are big (not to mention the time it takes to download the files' parts) so what's the advantage of these programs? Internet Download Manager often can't download from some websites and I lose my download tixket because of that.
sounds like a waste of time using that.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
sounds like a waste of time using that.

Why, when according to other tests, downloading files from the PS3 to PC is much faster than the other way around? Does FileZilla Client download files faster from the PS3 to the PC if using Rebug Toolbox instead of IRISMAN?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it's comparable I believe. they're all based on the same code, and it's really bottlenecked by the system. it's 15 year old tech.

The PS3 beeps thrice and restarts when exiting IRISMAN using the PS button after uploading files from the PC to the PS3 with FileZilla Client and with an USB device connected to my PS3 and the PS3 often freezes when returning to XMB from IRISMAN using the Circle button after uploading files from the PC to the PS3 with FileZilla Client and with an USB device connected to my PS3 and when clicking the PS3's power button, the PS3 beeps thrice and turns off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn