PS1/2 How to mod my ps2 slim to play backups?

shadowwolf1579

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just confused about this..

Is there any way to softmod my ps2 slim to play backups without buying anything? my ps2's model is SCPH-70001

Thanks for any help

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would need swap magic disks for softmod. and no theres no softmod without buying anything. Its either HD loader or swapmagic for your model.

shadowwolf1579

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard about HD Loader but i don't really know anything about it, how does it work?

What about this thing called the Independence exploit or something? can't i just put files onto a usb drive and softmod it with that?

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Swapmagic is outdated... you need freemcboot with ESR or freemcboot with HDLOADER (google google google)if you got a USB hard disk lying around... Its not a console softmod but a memory card mod(unbelievable).

Independance exploit only works on FAT ps2 its like the twilight hack on Wii. Its a good way to get freemcboot on a memory card.

shadowwolf1579

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sao Mortel said:
Swapmagic is outdated... you need freemcboot with ESR or freemcboot with HDLOADER (google google google)if you got a USB hard disk lying around... Its not a console softmod but a memory card mod(unbelievable).

Independance exploit only works on FAT ps2 its like the twilight hack on Wii. Its a good way to get freemcboot on a memory card.

Yeah i have done all that homebrew stuff with my wii, for some reason the ps2 is a lot more difficult.. I know about freemcboot, but whats ESR? I can't find anything that explains it.

EDIT: okay well how would i boot up mcboot and ESR without some sort of boot disk like swap magic or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.