PS1/2 How to mob for burned PSX games on PS2 SCPH-90004?

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, i saw on Youtube that you can play burned PSX games on a PS2 by blocking the 3 sensors. I've got a few questions about that :

1. I saw you need a original PSX game. But, does it has to be a PSX or can it be a PS2 either?
2. I heard that in the new serie PS2 Slims, SCPH-90004, are just 2 sensors? Is that right? So yes, how can you than play burned PSX games?
3. Or has Sony block that in the SCPH-90004 serie?

Thanks!

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nagnose said:
Google mcfreeboot and cogswap or swap magic

free mcboot is only homebrew
and the only homebrew for backup launching that are any good are cogswap (very outdated btw) and esr (cant comment on the open loader, i have a modchip now) are only for ps2 games. there is a swapping softmod for psx games, but the boot rate percentage is very very small. i cant find the elf at the moment, i thought it was on exploitstation and couldnt find it.

the trick was to block the sensors, put in the psx game and swap out the the game for the burned one. honestly, not worth it. its damaging to the console too because you are taking out the game while it is spinning. there is only 2 sensors, one in the back (check out the straw method, its hard to get it, or atleast it was for me when i used a softmod [before esr came out, i used cogswap]) and the one on the power switch (which is very easily blocked)

you could always pick up a ps1 and put in a modchip in, i had little soldering experience and i got it installed first try

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And I just received Swap Magic, but if I load a game, it returns to the title screen...
Please don't tell me I've baught Swap Magic and it won't work?

And if I can play Swap Magic, tell my how...

The Swap Magic version = Swap Magic 3.8 plus CODER(CD + DVD)

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it useless for playing PSX(PS1) games, or totel useless because it doesn't work on SCPH-90004?
Please... the first!

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lauruns said:
Is it useless for playing PSX(PS1) games, or totel useless because it doesn't work on SCPH-90004?
Please... the first!

only ps1 as far as i know
if it does not boot ps2 you can use it to run homebrew (i think) and launch esr and stuff

edit: guess im wrong? look at justinefremlouw's link he posted

lauruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was talking about Swap Magic, that doesn't play PS1 games, only PS2. But does it work on SCPH-90004?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you check out the link? "Play PS1 Backups On PS2 With Swap Magic Guide!!!!!"
swap magic should work on any ps2.

i know this may not be an option for you but honestly the best way for playing psx games:
a) get a ps2 modchip
b) get a old ps1 and install a modchip (they are simple, the old crow chip is 3 wires for the psone, and the mm3 [what i have] is 4/5)
also, they are very cheap. $3+shipping for old crow, and $4+shipping for mm3. http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/default.php?cPath=52
(mine was $7 shipping, not sure how much it is to the netherlands [or what the price is in your currency], they ship worldwide)
they are really easy. i put mine in with a 102 degree fever with little soldering experience. maybe was not the best idea, but it works

the guy who made esr was working on a ps1 emulator (yes, emulator) for the ps2 a while ago, but i havent really heard anything about it lately. you could maybe wait for that to release, if it ever does

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why does nobody here talk about ulaunchelf? Put in a ps1 retail disc, start ulaunchelf, ulaunchelf stops the drive, swap the discs(swap = change without the ps2 noticing!) and select boot disc. This works fine on my ps V9 to boot ps1 backups and doesn't damage the drive more than necessary, because the drive is stopped during the swap. Downsides are that reading CD-Rs is more stress for the laser and results in a shorter lifetime of the laser. And biggest downside is of course that it does only work on few ps2 models, V9(later fat) is one of them, V7 and older are surely not compatible, don't know about slims.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
lol, just do the swap trick, just insert a legit disc with same TOC (probably, Final Fanrtasy VII Disc 1-2 have 689MB TOC so it will suffice) after the PS2 recognize the disc, just swap with your backup, and boot the disc.

There what a beautiful old school startup logo of playstation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: