ROM Hack How to migrate Pokemons from FireRed with a TTDS?

MasterBatan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the topic title says, how do migrate Pokemons from FireRed to Pokemon Platinum?

I have a TTDS flashcart but I'm at a total loss about what I need to do and stuff. If anyone could give me like a little tutorial on how to do this, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sorry if there is already a topic for this, I couldn't find one.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
You need to have the National Pokedex to do this. To get it you need to have seen (note: SEE not CATCH) all 210 Sinnoh Dex Pokemon, check your Pokedex to see how many more you need, and use http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html...&rid=175072 to see where to see them.

Once you see all 210, go to Rowan's Lab in Sandgem and Professor Oak will upgrade it to the National Dex. (He will also say he's staying in Eterna, go there to unlock Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres running around Sinnoh). Once you do that, go to the beach south of Sandgem. Surf down, then right, keep going right until you get to land. You will have to fight some trainers but keep going right until you find a building. Talk to the man and he will let you transfer them. Once your in, just move around the areas and when you encounter your Pokemon, use the Park Ball which will immediately catch them.

MasterBatan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urgh, that would take me a while. Another thing is, I don't have a FireRed cartridge, I play it on a emulator. I was wondering if there was a way to use the .SAV made by the emulator to transfer the pokemons to Platinum. (I totally forgot to specify this in the first post, I'm sorry).

MasterBatan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard about people transfering their Pokemons using just the .sav, but I don't know if it's a lie or something. And yes, I AM a n00b when it comes to the DS.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is a function with the EZ flash cards that work with ezflash 3 in 1. i dont know if there is anything you can do outside of the EZflash flashcart.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
it's doable. my rares on Pearl came from Emerald... which i played on an emulator. on a Nokia phone. haha. so basically, my Rayquaza went through a LOT to get to my DS.

but, here's the gist of what you need (at least, it's what i had).
1. DS or DSlite (of course)
2. Genuine Pokemon RSE cartridge (imitations won't work. if you have a friend with a genuine cart, go link trade with him and borrow it.)
3. flashcart of choice, with that homebrew thingy you use to extract/insert GBA rom/saves from cartridge. look it up. i forgot the name.

basically, you use that homebrew thingy to insert your emulator save into the cartridge, then you just migrate to DS. hope that does it for you.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ferofax, that's just too complicated when there are better, easier methods. Besides, he said he doesn't have an original copy of FireRed, so why are you giving him a method that involves using the actual game?

MasterBatan, if you don't have access to neither a retail game nor a RAM-expansion flashcart (like the EZ V 3-in-1, the most popular here), your best bet is PokéSav. Manually input your pokémons and their information, "inject" them into your Platinum game and catch them there, or directly put them on your PC or team. You can even make them be in a Park Ball and delete the "originals" from the emulated GBA game to make it look "legit".

dhcalva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't any cart that supports linking of NDS and GBA roms on a DS/DSLite be able to do it? Like the M3DS Real?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dhcalva said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't any cart that supports linking of NDS and GBA roms on a DS/DSLite be able to do it? Like the M3DS Real?

Mmmm... yes, they will, but the NDS ROM would still need the PokéPatch. You see, Pokémon DP are programmed to look for certain data in certain areas of the GBA game when they link together, but those areas are "moved" when the GBA ROM is flashed to a slot-2 device such as the 3-in-1. That's why a "clean" Pokémon DP ROM is able to recognize the flashed GBA game on the slot-2, thus getting the bonus pokémon from the GBA insertion feature, but not actually transfer those pokémon from the GBA game. The PokéPatch forces the DP ROM to look for that data in the relocated areas of the GBA ROM. Moreover, if the DS game is patched, it will not work with an original GBA cart, for obvious reasons.

At least, that's what I've been told.

RuneEdge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any DS emulators that let you load a GBA rom into a "emulated" GBA port?
If there is, I guess the easiest way would be to transfer your Platinum sav from the cart to the PC, transfer all your FireRed pokemon from the FireRed rom's save file to the Platinum save file on a emulator, and then transfer your new Platinum save file back into your NDS cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu