How to make Xenoblade and Last Story work? (Other dual-layer games work)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by guedesbrawl, Jun 13, 2013.

1. guedesbrawl
    OP

guedesbrawl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    Yeah, Brawl, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Other M all work perfectly, but those two aren't working. I even have another copy of Xenoblade that works (but the disc stops reading randomly during the game, and since i don't like to be ejecting the disc every 20 seconds, i bought another disc). All of the mentioned discs are burned copies.

The Wii tries to read it, but fails and gives that ''eject disc" message. Neogamma (latest version) also fails to load it. Is it possible that they were just badly burnt? I bought Xeno + Last some days ago, they had this problem, and today i have new copies... 4 badly burnt copies in a row is definitively possible, but maybe it isn't that.

update: the DVDs are working on Dolphin, albeit very slowly cause my pc isn't good. So, the problem is my wii. What's up?!

Update 2, since i duno't know how to edit...

Only Xenoblade worked on Dolphin, Last Story didn't.

2. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Your disk lens is probably about to die, dual layered games needs the lens to be in perfect conditions, if they stops randomly as you say, it's probably the problem, a bad dump would freeze the game in a specific part, or not run at all.

Last Story would be a bad dump.

3. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    Only one copy of Xenoblade does it. The other 3 copies i had don't work (hangs in the wii menu), and the same applies for the 3 copies of the last story

How the hell is it a lens problem if Smash and metroid run perfectly, always?! Thankd for coming by, though

4. OriginalHamster

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Bad dumps then, can't think another reasons. Compare your games MD5 hash with a allegated working copy.

5. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    6 in a row, that's ******* bad luck.

I have no idea what a MD5 hash is, and probably don't know how to compare it to the other copy...

6. OriginalHamster

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Did you download those in ISO format?

7. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    No, i bought them (that's how it works here).

8. OriginalHamster

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Then is gonna to be really hard to find a working copy, you (or the seller guy) need download a fully working copy, and there are probably many disc image around internet, checking the MD5 hash is the safest way to get a good dump, I don't know what other way I could help you, sorry.

MD5 is like a indentification card of digital files, they are never the same, so comparing these identification cards help to get the exact same file.

9. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    Well, thanks for taking the time to help. I was worried that something might be up with my wii, thouhg, since one disc worked only on Dolphin...