How to make Wii region free

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by erolz, Mar 10, 2009.

Mar 10, 2009

How to make Wii region free by erolz at 10:08 AM (770 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. erolz
    OP

Member erolz GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Hi,

How do you make the wii region free for installing NTSC wad's?
    is it possible?
    got a PAL wii with 3.3E btw.
    thank you

2. Bonny

Member Bonny 34 years old and the leisure time of a kid

Germany
    You have different Options.

Use AnyRegionChanger to make your Wii fit the Region of the Wad you want to use OR patch the Wad you want to use with FreetheWads.
    You can also use the app "MenuLoader" to rebooter your Wii with temporary Region free Channels.

3. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    Or you can use AnyRegionChanger M5 to downgrade to 3.2e and add some hacks, then use preloader to add extra region free goodies. Reading this and your other post makes me think you should look into doing the above and then installing CIOSCORP and either waninkokos cMIOS rev3 or wiigators latest cMIOS from his GC Backup loader package. Just make sure you know what you are doing first and understand the possible risks. Oh and getting Wii Multi games to work through the disc channel won't happen until the format has being refined a bit. It also wont really happen until someone produces a working disc banner from scratch, rather than moding an existing games, as that would have to be distributed with the tools to make the multi games

4. fiddlefaddle22

Member fiddlefaddle22 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I can get any Jap or US Wiiware wad to work on my 3.2E using wwpacker.