How to make Wad manager 1.4 recognise my USB HDD?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bloodlust, May 3, 2009.

1. Bloodlust
    OP

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

May 25, 2006
    Hong Kong
    With the release of 1.4, I have been in vain trying to let it access my WD passport NTFS/FAT32 (Both primary) partitions. Have tried choosing between IOS249/250 without any success. Please advise. [​IMG]

I have created the wad folder with some wads but it returns with an ret =-1 error.

NTFS->FAT32->WBFS (In order)

2. DEMONDES99

DEMONDES99 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2009
    can i hijack this? how do u partition an sd card? im learning too but can't get recognition from usb loader

3. Nintendo_Chick

Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
    Try unpluging the power to your hd for a second while the loader is looking for a drive. Thats what I have to do to get mine working.

And demondes99 the same as any other drive, if you can't find a partitioner that works try "Paragon Partition Manager Professional 9.0 + Recovery CD Image Pro 9"

EDIT
    just reread your post, iirc for wad manager, you need fat in the first partition.

4. KirovAir

KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Dec 7, 2006
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    WBFS partition must be primary, and the other ones logical.

5. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    Also it's maybe the wrong order...FAT32-->NTFS-->WBFS should be better, I think....at least this fixed something like that for me...

6. Bloodlust
    OP

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

May 25, 2006
    Hong Kong
    So you mean to say, it must be FAT32->NTFS->WBFS ?

Unlike WBFS which is recognised from any partition, wad manager can only see the HDD if it resides as a FAT32 file system only in the 1st partition?

7. h0meb0y25

h0meb0y25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2009
    United States
    Did you happen to resolve this ? I am having same problem... Please help how did you fix it ?