Hacking How to make the games list be A-Z automatically

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The M3 Real lists the files in your games directory in the order they are written to in the fat table of your micro SD card.

To change the order of the games you have to click on the name heading to change them from the default order to Z-A order and then click on the name heading to change them to A-Z. This is a pain

It has been suggested to use a program called FatSort but I have tried this on a number of XP machines and it does not work.

I trawled the web ( for friggin ages ) to find an alternative and found this program - DriveSort.

DriveSort.png

You can get it from here Link

To make it easier here is how you do it once you have the program

1. Select disk open from the menu

2. Select your micro sd card's drive letter and click on OK

2. In the left window, browse to root of NDS Rom directory structure and click on it

3. From the third icon along, which by default shows the letters a e, select the dropdown list and ensure LNF ( Long file name ) is selected as there is a tick in Subdirectories. The icon should now look like a small square on top of a large square

4. Now click on the Third icon itself not the drop-down selection

5. Now click on the dropdown next to the floppy and ensure subdirectories is selected

6. Then click on the floppy icon

7. Wait a second or two and it will have sorted it

8. Select disk close from the menu

9. Load card into DS and enjoy alphabetical splendour

Next time you run the program it should have saved all your settings from last time in its ini file, so all you will have to do is browse and click

Let me know if this works for you.

Have fun

Funem

yaynds.gif

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i the only one that doesn't see this as being easier than clicking on "name" twice?
wink.gif

you'll have to do this everytime you add a new file to the microSD anyway am i wrong?

either way i'm sure i could put this to use and thanks much, sorry if i came off mean/rude/disrespectful tho
smile.gif

cray-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hogmeister: depends how often you add things to your cart. For me, doing this once every couple of weeks certainly beats clicking name twice dozens of times a day.

Plus having the list sorted wrongly in the first place is just annoying, but I know that's my OCD talking.

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
am i the only one that doesn't see this as being easier than clicking on "name" twice?
wink.gif

you'll have to do this everytime you add a new file to the microSD anyway am i wrong?

either way i'm sure i could put this to use and thanks much, sorry if i came off mean/rude/disrespectful tho
smile.gif

Once you have done it you dont do it again untill you add a game to your card, not doing means you have to do more as you have to keep sorting your games list all the time, when you boot and list the games, change directories etc, you have to sort every time the games are listed, so softbooting out of a game means you also have to re-sort as the sort order is lost. So this way is in fact easier.I just add new games and then run the program to sort the fat, job done.
wink.gif
What do you do more turn on and play games or keep adding and removing games....

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DeusExMachina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info! However, is there a way to do this on a mac? I don't have access to a PC at school, and it would help a lot of a program like this existed for macs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night