Homebrew How to make .rpx homebrew forwarder channels?

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm well aware that we can use the Haxchi method to create and install Wii U homebrew forwarders. This works great, have done so many times for my favorite homebrew apps. Thing is, it appears that this only works for .elf homebrew, if I direct it to an .rpx homebrew the Wii U will instead just load up the Homebrew Launcher. After looking into it, it appears that the Haxchi method only works for .elf homebrew apps. So what is the secret to getting a forwarder to work properly for .rpx homebrew files? I know it must be doable, I have working forwarders for PPSSPP and Retroarch both as .rpx files. I didn't make those channels, so I'm not sure, it's possible they are straight up channels and are not forwarding to the .rpx in question, but a straight up channel should work as well. I really want to make a forwarder for ntrview.rpx (project here: https://github.com/yawut/ntrview-wiiu), the homebrew that lets you stream your 3DS on your Wii U. Can anyone help me figure out how to make this channel in some form? I know it can be done, I'm just not sure how.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you find out how to do this? I'd like to make a few channels also!
I couldn't make an .rpx homebrew forwarder, but I could make individual .rpx channels via NUSPacker. Not ideal in how anytime the homebrew has an update I have to remake the channel instead of just updating the app in the SD card, but it works and gets the job done all the same.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't make an .rpx homebrew forwarder, but I could make individual .rpx channels via NUSPacker. Not ideal in how anytime the homebrew has an update I have to remake the channel instead of just updating the app in the SD card, but it works and gets the job done all the same.
Could you share your folder format? I'm trying to do this myself but I have no idea what to put in the content folder and the Wii U just crashes when I try to load the channel I made.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you share your folder format? I'm trying to do this myself but I have no idea what to put in the content folder and the Wii U just crashes when I try to load the channel I made.

You're asking me way too late, I genuinely don't remember what I did. I can tell you I just followed the directions for NUSPacker and it all worked just fine. Is there a particular .rpx file you're trying to make a channel for? If its something I've already made maybe I could just share the install files if I still have them laying around.

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're asking me way too late, I genuinely don't remember what I did. I can tell you I just followed the directions for NUSPacker and it all worked just fine. Is there a particular .rpx file you're trying to make a channel for? If its something I've already made maybe I could just share the install files if I still have them laying around.
I'm just trying to make channels for the latest stable release of Retroarch's mGBA and Genesis Plus GX cores. I am interested in SNES and NES but the former two are my highest priority. I tried using an old RPX I had lying around instead and it seems like all of them just refused to work.

Some would install but give DSI Exceptions upon launching, others said there was a problem with my USB drive. Other times WUP Installer would just get stuck installing resulting in a corrupted install. I don't know what the problem is because I tried testing it with Homebrew Launcher and ntrview's rpx and those actually worked just fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Noice.