How to make POP TFGS WORK ON USB LOADERS.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by PrinceNOOB, May 18, 2010.

?

Yes

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
May 18, 2010
  1. PrinceNOOB
    OP

Member PrinceNOOB GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Code:
    I have been playing around 30 minutes without any crash so far, using an old version of usb loader gx rev 713, with ios 249 rev 9. 

Before this one I tried wiiflow and I got black screen at the begining and uloader with cios 223 and I got a crash in the begining scene of the game.

So I dont know but it doesnt seem to be a protection but something weird with the game because at least with one loader and with chips it seem to be fine.

I can 100% confirm this method as working perfectly. Am compiling other older builds of GX to see what the highest working revision is with cIOS36 rev9, then will raise the cIOS to see which is the highest working with the highest working of GX... if that makes any sense, lol
    Basically just revert back to CIOS rev 9 and get usbloader gx 713. I can confirm this works perfect.

2. PIERCED6966

Newcomer PIERCED6966 Member

United Kingdom
    Only prob with that is all the games that will stop working just to play this one game, tbh it aint worth the time, will wait for the patch.
    This is not the only new game to have probs, i got All Star Karate PAL Wii-WiinSton and neither work with USB Loader GX or Cfg_USB_Loader_56.

3. farcry15

Member farcry15 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    cios9 doesn't work for me. all loaders suddenly never load with a black screen. i've tried twice now. probsbly isn't 4.2 compatible.
    also why did you feel the need to make another thread?

4. PrinceNOOB
    OP

United States
    Try using an older version of usbloader gx below 784

5. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    simply dump the cIOS(rev9) using BlueDump and install it to a different slot(250-Showmiiwads), this will then allow you to keep rev 19(249) or whatever your using now then simply tell whatever loader your using to use IOSx(250) to boot POP

Well that if your not using 250 for anything

6. Twin989

Newcomer Twin989 Advanced Member

United States
    somebody is making a patch for this game?

7. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Hmmm interesting - I have a later version of GX (875ish - the last stable online update rather than beta update) and rev9 on my 3.2U. Will check this evening if PoP works. I guess the deal breaker is simply pressing the home button while in play?

8. PrinceNOOB
    OP

United States
    Yes just by pressing the home button. Remember to use gx rev below 784 http://www.4shared.com/dir/aoYS4y5n/USB_Loader_GX_DOLs.html

9. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    I will try with 875 first - for comparison and information purposes. If it doesn't work only then will I revert to an earlier rev. Has anyone tried rev9 on cfg yet? I have the latest version of that too - so I can also try that - again for information purposes.

10. IlluminiX

Member IlluminiX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wait - you think that if you if it crashes after hitting the Home button that you are in the clear?

I got 20+ minutes into the game without a crash but then it finally did, so if you have the same Home button crash issue as everyone else, you are no different.

It will crash... eventually.

Maybe someone can prove me wrong - but - with a Wiikey and disk the Home button works fine, but on any USB loader it will crash. That seems to be the consensus. Why I don't know....

11. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    I'm past the guardian, the guy with multiple heads, haven't played it sense, also i had to turn on 002 error fix in the settings. home key is working fine also.

12. PIERCED6966

Newcomer PIERCED6966 Member

United Kingdom
    i installed DARKCORP_v1.0_Full WII as mentioned in another thread and no joy with that iether, when i try running in usb loaders is comes up ERROR #0001 UNAUTHORISED DEVICE DETECTED on both games i mentioned above.
    I have never upgraded my wii, its still on 3.2e.
    When i try running em of dvd in the cd channel POP aint even reconised, All Star Karate PAL is but its asking me to upgrade and i aint doing that thru nintendo.
    Im going to try WiiBrickBlocker on it and see what happends, i did it to pop and again it didnt reconise the dvd.

Edit:-

installed NUS Auto Downloader! and it now works in DarkCorp of dvd, played for 2 hours, no freezing on home button or chests.
    All star karate still doesnt work though.

13. nkarafo

Newcomer nkarafo Member

Greece
    Yes I can confirm too that POP starts with USB Loader GX v.713

Edit: This game freezes a lot. How dow I understand if I have cIOS v9 ? And if I have to install it, will affect the whole system and the other loaders? It will be like downgrade?