How to make PAL Wad 60Hz

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by skawo96, Oct 25, 2008.

Oct 25, 2008

How to make PAL Wad 60Hz by skawo96 at 7:34 PM (4,600 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. skawo96
    OP

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I tried searching but there is a shitload of Backup Loader threads so I'll just ask.

How to make a wad 60Hz? It's annyoing when playing Paper Mario it's so slow. I played on emulator and game is much faster.

2. RadioShadow

Member RadioShadow GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    All PAl Nintendo 64 games are optimised to use use the extra lines (no borders) and run almost as fast as the US/JP version. You can't just change a PAL Nintendo 64 game to run in 60Hz because it will just run to fast.

You're best bet is to use the US version of Paper Mario and use 'wwpacker15' to change the PAL50 video modes to PAL60 video modes. Also region free it.

3. TaxiTitan

Member TaxiTitan GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Have you tried the auto injectuwad injector v3, and inject a USA N64 rom of Paper Mario into the Sin & punishment pal release?
    It has 60hz, and is not optimized for pal 50hz.

Also note that Mario 64 NTSC U release works perfect with free the wads, and without the sound glitch on "PAL" console (!)
    This wad may also work for injection!

4. skawo96
    OP

United Kingdom
    From what I know Paper Mario uses a lot different emulator. I want it to be perfect emulating.

5. skawo96
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sorry for double post.

Okay, so I got Mario Golf, changed video mode for PAL60, freethewad'ed and it works. But it has sound issues. Is there a way to fix it?

6. TaxiTitan

Sweden
    I dont think so.
    You will get the same sound issue for almost all N64 US games except Mario 64.
    I bet it may not work to inject in either sin & punish or mario 64 US, but it is worth a try.
    try both.

7. Tetsuo Shima

Member Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Can we make custom Pal60 wads with Megadrive, Nes, Snes, NeoGeo without glitches?

8. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy

You know what it' d be cool ?
    To mention the "?" on the title of the topic as well, this way some Tempers wouldn't wrongfully assume that there is actually a solution to this problem inside this tread, but then somebody like you should know better then that.... [​IMG]

9. skawo96
    OP

United Kingdom
    Never forgot an exclamation or question mark? You just typo'd two times in your post here, and you blame me. Jeez.

10. TaxiTitan

Sweden
    All USA released n64 vc games will get the sound glitch on pal console, except mario 64.

If you try to make a 50hz game 60hz, it will probably glitch because almost all n64 games are pal optimized.
    Sin & punishment is the "only" 60hz480i pal release I know of.

You should not have to use free the wads, if you inject a "USA N64 NTSC rom" into "Sin & punishment".
    Many games, espessially RAREWARE´s games has issues, after they have been injected into Sin & punishment EU release.

11. TaxiTitan

Sweden
    I hate this non perfect N64 VC emulation, so I have RGB modded my NTSC U n64 console, but need a "RGB boosted" RGB scart.
    Does anyone know where to buy a modded one?

12. Arm73

Italy

Well it's acceptable to make a few typos here and there, expecially for me and many others who's native language is not English.
    But omitting a question mark on the title of the topic can mislead to some wrong assumption, like I thought for example that there was a way to achieve what you where talking about in the title.
    I'm not blaming you, just I thought somebody with over 1000 posts should know better. [​IMG]

EDIT: Fixed some typos....[​IMG]

13. skawo96
    OP

United Kingdom
    My native languange isn't english either.

14. Arm73

Italy

Look I don't wanna start an argument here, I am peacefully saying that a question mark DOES make a difference in a sentence, while if you misspell a word or two is not the end of the world, it will still bring your message across.
    Let's not make it a matter of being so picky or international hate, I never was and I never cared, heck most of my posts are a complete mess from a grammatical point of view ! Once I even misspelled HD-DVD to HS-DVD ( because the s is right next to the d ) and I got flamed for it ! [​IMG]

EDIT: I should really start to use the preview button before I post something [​IMG]

15. skawo96
    OP

United Kingdom
    Okay, I'm not starting a war either, I know that ? or lack of it makes difference, I know I made an mistake, and I think there should be an option to edit the topic titles. A teraz, prosz?, let this topic die.

16. quim69

Member quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Andorra
    SNES scart or modify a Gamecube scart cable. check gamesx for more info or http://mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/nts...bg-booster1.htm

17. Arm73

Italy
    Peace. [​IMG]

18. TaxiTitan

Sweden
    I´ve seen that page, but look for a store that can sell me a modded one.
    I´m not familiar with modding stuff myself.

There is RGB modded snes RGB scarts for PAL snes consoles on ebay, so it should be possible to fins for n64 also.

19. quim69

Member quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Andorra
    (PAL) SNES didn't need modding for RGB - you just bought the official Nintendo RGB scart cable (or a third party one) and plugged it in.

I wouldn't trust anything on ebay for the above reason.

Consolepassion may have a modded scart cable, or DX.

20. TaxiTitan

Sweden
    Thanx you very much, I will google it up!
    Cheers!