Hacking How to make my "bricked" R4i-3DS work on a DSi?

pandavova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a R4i 3DS from the Website "r4i-sdhc.com". If i boot the Card normal i get a screen that says "Please upgrade the Hardware for support latest firmware". I tried with many Firmware versions, a NDS Lite and the "White Screen" Fix (which said "Unknown Chip"). It works on my New 3DS XL with a special Launcher and YSMenu 7.04RGF.
I would prefere to use it on my DSi LL cause of the (very good) Quality compared to a New 3DS XL.
My Question is now: Can i get this card on my DSi LL to work without a Hardmod? Maybe that it boots automatic with the YSMenu (or something better)?

R4I-SDHC-3DS.jpg

Last edited by pandavova,

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I owned that cart years ago, and if I remember correctly they released an 'RTS' version that you need if you want to use it on recently new DS versions or new R4 firmware updates. If you are trying to use it on a DSi, then try downloading a update for the flashcart that is a few years old.

pandavova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes but it's clearly a kernel problem and not a firmware problem because the card boots. You would get an "an error occured" screen if it was a firmware problem.
thats the same... the firmware is the "kernel"

I owned that cart years ago, and if I remember correctly they released an 'RTS' version that you need if you want to use it on recently new DS versions or new R4 firmware updates. If you are trying to use it on a DSi, then try downloading a update for the flashcart that is a few years old.
I tried many zips with different firmware/kernel versions. Even on a DS Lite this card shows this...

Last edited by pandavova,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thats the same... the firmware is the "kernel"
Wrong. The firmware is stored on the flash chip inside of the flashcard (2MB for most flashcards). The kernel is stored on the MicroSD card.

I tried many zips with different firmware/kernel versions. Even on a DS Lite this card shows this...
Maybe you find a working one at https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/...oad-r4i-sdhc-english-kernel-1-68b-f31980.html. You can change the version if you click on "Other versions: 16".

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It might just be your date and time settings. Some kernels "expire" after a while, requiring you to update it. I'm not kidding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I just got 2 mig switch in the mail today
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna love it when the next update blocks them
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @SylverReZ youtube to mp3 some are still good, usefull when the official music video has better audio than the music in th ecd
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father