GCN How to make Multi-Disc games working with GCOS?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
I managed to finally use GCOS successfully, But the question is how to burn games that are on multiple discs so that when the games requests other disc, I can manage to get it work with the burnt disc via GCOS.

Like in RE REBIRTH it asks for second disk but it cannot find the second disk that is burnt in the same DVD5 disk.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I searched for hours and it seems that even if I burn them separately in two different disks, it wont still work since it will check for it being copy or not and after entering the game with first disk the copy protection decoy wont work with second disk inserted after first one.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
after another 2 hour of research, it seems that it has something to do with IGR but it doesnt work.

Also about IGR, If I press the reset button the game resets, If I eject the game and re insert it in Resident Evil REBIRTH, it says that it is not a RE REMAKE disk 1 and please insert that disc, how should I enable IGR?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
GCOS only works on Wii AFAIK.

Burning on seperate disks wont work on some games, like Metal Gear Solid, since it scans the disk again for security check and since it has first disk's trick into memory of wiikey, the second one doesnt match.

Its said that RE 0 has this problem too.

Akuma147

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have MGS and it works fine for me during the 2nd disc swap. I also have a Wiikey.

Edit: Are you burning separate discs with GCOS on each disc with multiple games (Like disc1 of MGS on multi-disc 1 and disc2 of MGS on multi-disc2)? Or are you burning disc1 and disc2 as standalone without GCOS?

Akuma147

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, all RE's work, also Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos.
Don't know what's wrong with yours, but my 2 disc games are working fine, burning as standalone.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I've read that when you put second disk in middle of the game (with first disk), the game got fooled by first disc and knows that as original/genuine but with second disk (which has different settings like MD5), it wont.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never failed to give precise and concise answers to all your questions, in many threads, despite having a quiet laugh about your newby-ness, so your threats aren't justified. Also, responding in that kind makes you look like a cretin.

Note: GameCube Operating System was written for the Nintendo Gamecube.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GCOS only works on Wii AFAIK.

Dumbest quote of the year award.

And just burn each disc on separate discs. It will work.

He meant Multi-Boot GCOS discs...because they hold over more than 1.46gb they only work on wii...

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you test. It should work fine, a lot of people use GCOS for this exact reason. (multi-disc games on one dvd5) have you googled around for some tutorials to see if there is something you could possibly try differently maybe?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
and how would that "GameCube Operating System" read DVD9? or even DVD5 which has multiple games which are on average size of 1.3GB?

that GameCube Operating System is not able to read more than ~1.3GB of your disc, and anything beyond that is meant for Wii's GameCube Operating System mode. ok?

And about newby-ness, dont let me start by answering to your ...

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
He meant Multi-Boot GCOS discs...because they hold over more than 1.46gb they only work on wii...

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you test. It should work fine, a lot of people use GCOS for this exact reason. (multi-disc games on one dvd5) have you googled around for some tutorials to see if there is something you could possibly try differently maybe?

You can fit 3 or so games in 1.4 GB.

Also, the Drive in the gamecube can read upto about 2 GB on DVD5 discs. Try it in GC-Linux.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far +1