1. CaseyOmah

CaseyOmah Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, It's still on my agenda, v1.7 of NSMBWIP (New Super Mario Brothers Wii Image Patcher), then RIB (Riivolution Image Builder) But I have been quite busy as of late with College.

@Philip3ds Riivolution doesn't normally use the Wii save manager, instead it uses save files stored on your media (SD/USB) With a little bit of work they can be converted to be compatible, but there isn't any way I know of to write an image file to use media storage instead of save manager.

Update: I finished making the engine changes for messagesPatch, I need to add a line to the plugin files. Format will be messagesPatch=src1:dest1;src2:dest2:...srcN:destN parsed the same way as Lang, including the escape codes.

Last edited by CaseyOmah, Oct 21, 2015
    CheatFreak47 likes this.
  2. Valentin_H

Valentin_H Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I know this Thread is old, but what is with Newer: Falling Leaf?

3. Mikayla

Mikayla Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Just came to say that this still works in 2020 . Thanks a bunch !

4. CowboyJoseph64

Newcomer

United States
    upload_2020-7-3_13-20-35.png
    upload_2020-7-3_13-21-34.png
    it- it's right there???

5. jrinco11

jrinco11 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Old thread, I know, but I've been trying this for a few days now to get this working on my wiiu, but I keep getting stuck -- I run the tool, it creates the wbfs, it appears to install fine on my wiiu, I load the game, correct banners show up, it boots into vwii mode in that the tv and gamepad go black, then "wii" appears on the gamepad, then goes back to black, and there it sits. Any suggestions on what I can try to fix it? (New super mario bros wiivc I created still works fine)

EDIT: I used this builder instead (after deleting any old Newer installs that weren't working, again) and it now works! https://horizon.miraheze.org/wiki/Newer_Mod_ISO_Builder

Last edited by jrinco11, Nov 17, 2020
    NoobletCheese likes this.
  6. 84249898248

84249898248 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So, there's a windows tutorial. How about Unix based? Literally with Wine's cmd.exe (command prompt basically) is going on about riivolution\NSMBW.xml not containing any patches & exits.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Newer, Super, Mario