Hacking How to make an ISO file from a copied wii disc

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

i want to make ISO files from all my copied wii discs, to use them in the USB loader.
how is this possible? wbfs_inteligent_gui_v5e can not read mu copied disc and the USB loader can not read copied discs (DVD-R)
thank you!

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Erolz,

I never thought of it until reading your post, but the USB loader reads Copied Discs for me, I've dumped all my backed up games from DVD-R straight through the Loader apps.

not sure if this is just a fluke on my system or something to do with the CIOSs installed, but I haven't had a problem yet

Cheers,

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jebrown19:
??? that's really strange... ive got a PAL DVD-R Mario Galaxy, wich i can play with the gamma loader.
but when i start the USB loader and choose "install game", the loader says "no wii disc inside" (or something like that)
ive got ciosrev10 installed.

kedest
i judt did, but the wbfs manager gives me an error "this is not a wii iso"
??
help needed please...

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mmm just tried some more games,
Mario Galaxy PAL on Sony DVD-R wont copy with the USB loader : "no wii disc error"
Order Up PAL on Sony DVD-R does work!
Zack & Wiki on Maxell DVD-R wont copy with the USB loader : "no wii disc error"

how can this be?

D

Deleted User

Possibly bad discs/burner.

What you need to do is dump the isos into your PC. Then, use a WBFS manager to travel into the directory of which you saved the iso. Then, transfer. See if it works..

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have CIOSREV10 installed. and everything I've tried has worked, so far (family Ski, Boom Blox, Deadly Creatures, Animal Crossing, Super Paper Mario, Final Fantasy CC, and maybe a few more)... I only use Sony DVD-R and always burn at 3.3x (higher speeds and my burner frigs up). I'm not sure why it would work for me but not others.

I am by no means knowledgeable in how or why all this stuff works, I'm just glad that it does lol I have yet to dive into Wii Programming personally.

I am running a 3.2U Wii with CIOS_Rev 10, Starfall and that about sums it up. If anyone cares to investigate any further why this works for me I can give a complete run down of everything installed...

personally i'd be irritated if I had to dump the ios's back onto my pc and load them manually, it's pretty convienent and quick to dump them right to the wii.

herculean1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mine 'just works' as well, i can dump the games no problem with the loader. i am 3.3e, no modchip, no preloader or anything like that.

Nirvana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, it's really, really slow to dump a burned game using the Wii. It's much faster to just make an ISO and dump it from the computer.

Of course, this was back on 1.1, so maybe speeds have improved on 1.5.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, it's also much safer to rip using the PC rather than the Wii as well. A Wii drive isn't really designed to read DVD-R discs, nor does it have as robust error checking as a PC drive does. If you want a guaranteed perfect copy, use the ISO or the original disc, but for a perfect copy 95% of the time use the PC. (On the other hand, out of like ten discs I tried, doing it on the Wii caused a ton of game freezes.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte