Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pi

Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an eMachines netbook (eM350) with Windows XP + Slax dualboot, thing is, I had somesort of virus pretending to be an anti-malware thing, I've scanned it everyday using Malwarebytes for a week or so now, but even though it's removing some of them others go undetected so I thought I might aswell reinstall windows, however, the built in factory reset fails to work it just restarts the computer.

My internet access is funny just now (low limit mobile internet) so I can't download big Windows isos all I have is a Win7 32bit iso (which worked fine on my friends laptop) since it's a netbook there's no DVD drive (I don't have any blank discs anyway) so I would need to either get discs and connect a DVD drive to it or install it somehow though a USB.

I've tried a number of guides to install it through a USB with both my 4GB and 16GB USB sticks which didn't work (I have booted linux off both these drives in the past) I also have a 320GB portable HDD though I've backed up all my files from the netbook on it so I'd rather not use that.

So I ask, is there a way to install it through a USB? Or will I need to just have it as just a linux box for just now?

Thank you.

The Pi

Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nevermind, KingdomBlade helped me out via the shoutbox.
Universal USB installer has an option to install win7 through USB.
I'll get this closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...