Country
Senegal
Charmandersrule said:
How do you make a ds homebrew game?
What do you need to make one?
oshi-
sleep.gif
*sigh*
first, learn c++. obvious. and not just the basics.
then learn rom hacking.
then find out how games work
if trying to adapt from a game go and research. and something.
and the rest is coding and beta test.
sleep.gif

its not that easy you know..

helmon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First things first.... in what programming languages can you comfortably code in? Do you have any experience in graphic design?

Technik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No i have no experience in programming or graphic desingn. I have a whole summer ahead of me and I want to learn how to. What programming languages do you reccomend? How do I learn graphic design?

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Charmandersrule said:
No i have no experience in programming or graphic desingn. I have a whole summer ahead of me and I want to learn how to. What programming languages do you reccomend? How do I learn graphic design?
:facepalm:
http://www.palib.info/wiki/doku.php.
read the whole thing.
and then google on c++
if your library ahs those dummy guides for c++ then read.
graphic design = art = drawing?
sleep.gif
and sprit(e)ing, learn c4d if you want to have 3d models

it takes more than your summer.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPikachu said:
Charmandersrule said:
oshi-
sleep.gif
*sigh*
then learn rom hacking.
sleep.gif

Ahh how cute... you're annoyed by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about and you're trying to correct them... Only to be completely wrong. -hugs- It's okay upset person that doesn't know anything, I'll correct a few points for you.

You'll need to learn a programming language. C/C++ is the best route since it's a common language that you can get a lot of support for. Next, you'll need to install devkitpro as that contains all the libraries necessary to write code for the system.

Obviously, you are going to need to know the programming language that you're working with. By reading your post, it shows you don't know anything and thus shouldn't even start on the DS. Go look up tutorials for c/c++ and be prepared... because learning a coding language is a commitment. It's just like learning a foreign language... only you're using that foreign language to communicate with a retarded 3 year old who's color blind (yes, computers are that dumb, actually far dumber)

Despite what the person I quoted says... you don't need to know how to rom hack. While understanding how software and hardware works on the lowest level possible will help your coding... it's 100% unnecessary and I'd venture a guess that less than 1% of the people coding for the DS know ARM based assembly.

Now for Mr Pikachu... The best way you can help out on a forum is to #1: Not talk in a condescending manner... If you think you're going to do so, don't reply. All you do by having an attitude like that is upsetting people. Everyone has to start somewhere and if you aren't willing to honestly help someone new, then step out of the way and let someone else do it.

Number 2, if you don't know what you're talking about, it's best not to talk about it. Spreading disinformation is harmful to the community even if it is something that a newbie probably won't follow through for. Some will be inspired by people who make awesome programs and want to learn to program for themselves... many others will but lack the drive to do anything with it... But you can't be the one that decides that... they will.

Technik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you non mean/ idiot people for helping me start my very long and probably boring to learn project. But its summer and I want to make something of it, or at least get something started.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This post is off-topic, but I find it rather funny that we've got Pikachu attempting to tell off Charmander. Maybe it's just me >_>

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
koji2009 said:
iPikachu said:
Charmandersrule said:
oshi-
sleep.gif
*sigh*
then learn rom hacking.
sleep.gif

Ahh how cute... you're annoyed by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about and you're trying to correct them... Only to be completely wrong. -hugs- It's okay upset person that doesn't know anything, I'll correct a few points for you.

You'll need to learn a programming language. C/C++ is the best route since it's a common language that you can get a lot of support for. Next, you'll need to install devkitpro as that contains all the libraries necessary to write code for the system.

Obviously, you are going to need to know the programming language that you're working with. By reading your post, it shows you don't know anything and thus shouldn't even start on the DS. Go look up tutorials for c/c++ and be prepared... because learning a coding language is a commitment. It's just like learning a foreign language... only you're using that foreign language to communicate with a retarded 3 year old who's color blind (yes, computers are that dumb, actually far dumber)

Despite what the person I quoted says... you don't need to know how to rom hack. While understanding how software and hardware works on the lowest level possible will help your coding... it's 100% unnecessary and I'd venture a guess that less than 1% of the people coding for the DS know ARM based assembly.

Now for Mr Pikachu... The best way you can help out on a forum is to #1: Not talk in a condescending manner... If you think you're going to do so, don't reply. All you do by having an attitude like that is upsetting people. Everyone has to start somewhere and if you aren't willing to honestly help someone new, then step out of the way and let someone else do it.

Number 2, if you don't know what you're talking about, it's best not to talk about it. Spreading disinformation is harmful to the community even if it is something that a newbie probably won't follow through for. Some will be inspired by people who make awesome programs and want to learn to program for themselves... many others will but lack the drive to do anything with it... But you can't be the one that decides that... they will.
i wasn't being serious. really.
because nowadays almost half of the first page is filled with these type of stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte