Misc How to make a game playable online on NDS with wiimmfi?

Tommaso120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, I'm trying to find out if there's a way to patch a game for online playing with wiimmfi. I was like trying to find out information on how to do it (I only found it out like 2-3 days ago) but for what I've read you can't anymore. Is there a way or I can't anymore?

Hush16410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm trying to find out if there's a way to patch a game for online playing with wiimmfi. I was like trying to find out information on how to do it (I only found it out like 2-3 days ago) but for what I've read you can't anymore. Is there a way or I can't anymore?
Is it a physical game or a ROM?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Simply set your console's DNS to Wiimmfi's (164.132.44.106), that is all since nds-constraint was discovered and implemented

Of course you will also need an 802.11b WEP or unencrypted network (unless trying to play a DSi game in DSi mode on a DSi/3DS), but that has never changed since 2005 :)

Treychik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Simply set your console's DNS to Wiimmfi's (164.132.44.106), that is all since nds-constraint was discovered and implemented

Of course you will also need an 802.11b WEP or unencrypted network (unless trying to play a DSi game in DSi mode on a DSi/3DS), but that has never changed since 2005 :)

Hi! I'm so confused about all the methods I found online. What's the current working one for games like Dungeon Explorer, Sonic rush, Tony Hawk's sk8 (something-something)? Just hot-spotting from phone open/unprotected wi-fi network, and entering DNS to both fields 164.132.44.106? That's all? Or should I also patch roms?
Oh! Also - do I need to fill in other fields like subnet mask, ip?

Hush16410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm so confused about all the methods I found online. What's the current working one for games like Dungeon Explorer, Sonic rush, Tony Hawk's sk8 (something-something)? Just hot-spotting from phone open/unprotected wi-fi network, and entering DNS to both fields 164.132.44.106? That's all? Or should I also patch roms?

if you can AP patch the ROMs that will probably be helpful. Second DNS should be 8.8.8.8

You don't have to fill in any other fields

Reactions: Treychik

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just hot-spotting from phone open/unprotected wi-fi network, and entering DNS to both fields 164.132.44.106?
Yes, that's all as far as connection settings go (compatibility with individual games is up to the servers, with that DNS you'll connect to Wiimmfi so check out their website for a compatibility list as well as checking how many people are online)

Or should I also patch roms?
You could, but for simply connecting to Wiimmfi that's not needed anymore

Your choice, but you can use manual DNS with automatic IP (and if using a phone as hotspot, probably easier to just use automatic IP instead of figuring out the appropriate IPs)

Treychik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
if you can AP patch the ROMs that will probably be helpful. Second DNS should be 8.8.8.8

You don't have to fill in any other fields

So... 'Ap patch' with the Wiimmfi method, right? I saw somewhere here 2 tools for patching.

Wiimmfi doesn't have Dungeon Explorer server :'( it's really awesome game! Ugh!!!

Hush16410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... 'Ap patch' with the Wiimmfi method, right? I saw somewhere here 2 tools for patching.

Wiimmfi doesn't have Dungeon Explorer server :'( it's really awesome game! Ugh!!!
some ROMs would need AP patched but I never patched MKDS and other ones and they connected fine to wiimmfi. I used an older patcher called ds-scene.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah, there are some games I wish they supported also but I'm thankful for their service very much

Treychik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This is what it shows me in Sonic Rush adventures with dns, rom not patched

Attachments

• IMG_20190716_143152.jpg
    IMG_20190716_143152.jpg
    900.2 KB · Views: 337
Last edited by Treychik,

Hush16410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what it shows me in Sonic Rush adventures with dns, rom not patched

I never tried the ROM of that game, I have the actual game card of that title and played someone the other day on a race. Maybe it needs AP patched, I'm not sure. If you do get it up and running, I'm down for some online competition. Later on I could try it myself with an unpatched ROM and see what it yields. If you don't have it figured out by then, I will try it

Last edited by Hush16410,

Treychik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh! And stupid question! Since I use 3ds: should I connect 3ds to the same unprotected network? Or what? :)

(I also found dwc network server: dns1-2: 172:104:88:237 )

Last edited by Treychik,

Hush16410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! And stupid question! Since I use 3ds: should I connect 3ds to the same unprotected network? Or what? :)

(I also found dwc network server: dns1-2: 172:104:88:237 )

The 3ds can connect to wpa2 networks, only the DS part needs to connect to WEP or open. On my 3ds, I connect to the home Wi-Fi (wpa2) for online functionality but when using DS/DSiWare games, I use unsecured hotspot through my phone.

I had no idea that the dwc server existed, I will have to try it out

Treychik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If you feel like organizing a game at some point (I wouldn't mind playing Dungeon Explorer, but I feel like my character is still quite under-leveled) the official discord for that DWC server is here : https://discord.gg/9vbEZkx

You're telling me! I'm barely in the game...killed only 3 bosses (I think) and haven't even survived 1st lvl of the pyramid, lol. Just got my robot.
As soon as I figure out my network problem and connect my device to any wi-fi - sure! :) (i have same name on that Discord channel, thanks for the link!)

Last edited by Treychik,

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to remind everyone, yes it is possible and it's easy.
Just set primary DNS to 164.132.44.106 and the secondary to 8.8.8.8/1.1.1.1/anything you want.
Boom, done!
Also, quick note, DWC (AltWFC) and Wiimmfi are not the same thing.

Reactions: Hush16410

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either