How to make a game playable online on NDS with wiimmfi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Tommaso120, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Tommaso120
    OP

Tommaso120 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2019
    Italy
    Guys, I'm trying to find out if there's a way to patch a game for online playing with wiimmfi. I was like trying to find out information on how to do it (I only found it out like 2-3 days ago) but for what I've read you can't anymore. Is there a way or I can't anymore?

2. Hush16410

Hush16410 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Is it a physical game or a ROM?

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Simply set your console's DNS to Wiimmfi's (164.132.44.106), that is all since nds-constraint was discovered and implemented

Of course you will also need an 802.11b WEP or unencrypted network (unless trying to play a DSi game in DSi mode on a DSi/3DS), but that has never changed since 2005 :)

Treychik, Tarmfot and alexander1970 like this.
  4. Treychik

Treychik Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of

Hi! I'm so confused about all the methods I found online. What's the current working one for games like Dungeon Explorer, Sonic rush, Tony Hawk's sk8 (something-something)? Just hot-spotting from phone open/unprotected wi-fi network, and entering DNS to both fields 164.132.44.106? That's all? Or should I also patch roms?
    Oh! Also - do I need to fill in other fields like subnet mask, ip?

5. Hush16410

Hush16410 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    if you can AP patch the ROMs that will probably be helpful. Second DNS should be 8.8.8.8

You don't have to fill in any other fields

Treychik likes this.
  6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes, that's all as far as connection settings go (compatibility with individual games is up to the servers, with that DNS you'll connect to Wiimmfi so check out their website for a compatibility list as well as checking how many people are online)

You could, but for simply connecting to Wiimmfi that's not needed anymore

Your choice, but you can use manual DNS with automatic IP (and if using a phone as hotspot, probably easier to just use automatic IP instead of figuring out the appropriate IPs)

Treychik likes this.
  7. Treychik

Treychik Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    So... 'Ap patch' with the Wiimmfi method, right? I saw somewhere here 2 tools for patching.

Wiimmfi doesn't have Dungeon Explorer server :'( it's really awesome game! Ugh!!!

8. SuicidalMuffin

SuicidalMuffin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    this should still work

Treychik and Hush16410 like this.
  9. Hush16410

Hush16410 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    some ROMs would need AP patched but I never patched MKDS and other ones and they connected fine to wiimmfi. I used an older patcher called ds-scene.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yeah, there are some games I wish they supported also but I'm thankful for their service very much

Treychik likes this.
  10. SuicidalMuffin

SuicidalMuffin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    yeah thats how it is on the wii too, sadly.

11. Treychik

Treychik Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    This is what it shows me in Sonic Rush adventures with dns, rom not patched

Attached Files:

Last edited by Treychik, Jul 16, 2019
  12. Hush16410

Hush16410 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    I never tried the ROM of that game, I have the actual game card of that title and played someone the other day on a race. Maybe it needs AP patched, I'm not sure. If you do get it up and running, I'm down for some online competition. Later on I could try it myself with an unpatched ROM and see what it yields. If you don't have it figured out by then, I will try it

Last edited by Hush16410, Jul 16, 2019
    Treychik likes this.
  13. Treychik

Treychik Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Oh! And stupid question! Since I use 3ds: should I connect 3ds to the same unprotected network? Or what? :)

(I also found dwc network server: dns1-2: 172:104:88:237 )

Last edited by Treychik, Jul 16, 2019
  14. Hush16410

Hush16410 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    The 3ds can connect to wpa2 networks, only the DS part needs to connect to WEP or open. On my 3ds, I connect to the home Wi-Fi (wpa2) for online functionality but when using DS/DSiWare games, I use unsecured hotspot through my phone.

I had no idea that the dwc server existed, I will have to try it out

Treychik likes this.
  15. barronwaffles

barronwaffles GBAtemp Fan

May 15, 2014
    Syria
    If you feel like organizing a game at some point (I wouldn't mind playing Dungeon Explorer, but I feel like my character is still quite under-leveled) the official discord for that DWC server is here : https://discord.gg/9vbEZkx

Treychik and Hush16410 like this.
  16. Treychik

Treychik Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    You're telling me! I'm barely in the game...killed only 3 bosses (I think) and haven't even survived 1st lvl of the pyramid, lol. Just got my robot.
    As soon as I figure out my network problem and connect my device to any wi-fi - sure! :) (i have same name on that Discord channel, thanks for the link!)

Last edited by Treychik, Jul 17, 2019
    barronwaffles and Hush16410 like this.
  17. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Just to remind everyone, yes it is possible and it's easy.
    Just set primary DNS to 164.132.44.106 and the secondary to 8.8.8.8/1.1.1.1/anything you want.
    Boom, done!
    Also, quick note, DWC (AltWFC) and Wiimmfi are not the same thing.

Hush16410 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted