1. Mattius

OP Mattius Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi all, please can anyone help in absolute no-brainer/ layman’s terms......
    I have a standard PSP 2003 series, I’d like to load it up with games, I’m told it’s straight forward, but I’m extremely limited with knowledge about these things.
    I’d like PS1, Gameboy Advance Gamegear and SNES games.
    I literally have no idea how to go about it, when I use my laptop to try and find sites to start downloading ect, almost every single site seems to be fake/ fraudulent. I need solid reliable information.
    Also if it’s not 100% free, or the games are noticeably laggy or buggy, I’d rather just be told that, and I won’t bother.
    Sure some of you guys are easily up to these questions.
    Thanks in advance
    Matt

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

Antarctica
    Sorry mate, you can't ask for warez links here.

PSP games come in ISO/CSO format, they need to be placed in the ISO folder on the memorystick.
    GBA/SNES etc needs to be placed in the respective ROM folder of the emulator and PS1 can be converted with PSX2PSP iirc.
    There's some tool to convert PS1 games to be playable on the PSP.

E1ite007 and alexander1970 like this.
  3. Mattius

OP Mattius Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the mildly helpful reply, no idea what warez is- how could I?! Anyone else help me out?

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Warez is another name for pirated software, and copyrighted content. So people here won't be able to give you links to download games.

However, how to find emulators and stuff, is something someone surely will be able to help you with. Just not the games themselves.

E1ite007 and alexander1970 like this.
  5. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

United States
    I'm assuming you have an unmodified psp. There is a simple guide to get custom firmware installed on wololo. You'll need to do this before anything else.

http://wololo.net/cfw4dummies/

Once you have cfw installed you will be able to play pirated games and run emulaters.

To run psp games, and ps1 games repackaged for psp, you need to get copies illegally. Due to the rules of this site, I cant link to them. And with the huge takedowns, many sites that use to have them dont anymore. You're best bet is to search BitTorrent sites for psp iso's. You can search google too, I know there are a couple sites that still have them.

Once you find them though, the games will have the extension of either iso, or CSO which is a compression format for psp iso's. From there you should have a folder on the psp's memory stick labeled ISO. You will place the psp games here.

In order to run classic games like snes, gba, gamegear, etc. you're gunna need software for the psp that only runs with cfw called emulators. I did a quick search and found a list of some to get you started. You may find newer versions in your seach.

http://wololo.net/emulators-for-the-psp-ps-vita-the-ultimate-download-list/

The folder structure for these are kind of specific. The executable for all psp homebrew are labeled as eboot.pbp. so each software is separated by folder, but must be in PSP -> GAME.

So if you download snes9x (which is an snes emulator) the folder structure would be PSP -> GAME -> snes9x -> eboot.pbp (a long with other files and folders)

The games for these, known as roms, are also illegal so you'll have to search for those as well. Again, I've had luck on popular BitTorrent sites. Usually you'll find the entire rom collection in one torrent.

Each emulator you download should have a folder labeled "roms", and that's where those go. That should be enough to get you going.

E1ite007, Mattius and alexander1970 like this.
  6. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Might be worth noting that some games in CSO don't work properly, or at least that was my experience years ago. It's better to just keep it in ISO now, as 128GB and 64GB microSD cards are cheap.

7. WeedZ

United States
    You cant use microsd on psp, and Sony's proprietary memory cards are quite expensive.

8. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I remember that there's an adapter now?

WeedZ likes this.
  9. WeedZ

United States
    Oh sweet, you're right. Wish these existed when I had a psp.

Boesy likes this.
  10. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    I'm pretty sure these adapters have been around since like 2006-2007, they're not exactly brand new. ;)

E1ite007, Boesy and WeedZ like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - games,