How to link 4 wiiU to a gamepad?

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

godreborn Pairings, at least wiimotes and pro controllers, are part of the syscon probably based on Mac address. Iirc, you can dump it from the vwii, but I doubt it will work on another system.​

Can you try get information which files they are? I wouldn't mind testing, also no way to get around the potentiel protection? (or is it a something else?)
Your avatar is Madness..... :rolleyes: Takes 2 Min for me to synchronises Gamepad+gamepad pro+2 wiimotes (30 seconds each), maybe an hour for U :D ....But this is the point of this forum, finding a way to bypass this that has never been recall by anyone. I like digging Secrets.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you try get information which files they are? I wouldn't mind testing, also no way to get around the potentiel protection? (or is it a something else?)

Your avatar is Madness..... :rolleyes: Takes 2 Min for me to synchronises Gamepad+gamepad pro+2 wiimotes (30 seconds each), maybe an hour for U :D ....But this is the point of this forum, finding a way to bypass this that has never been recall by anyone. I like digging Secrets.
You can dump the syscon, I think, with usb loader gx, but it may only work with emunand. It's designed to add pairings to an emunand after you've synced a new controller.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"You can dump the syscon, I think, with usb loader gx, but it may only work with emunand. It's designed to add pairings to an emunand after you've synced a new controller."
Why only Emunand? I am searching for the hard way, for the system. There had to be a file (just hopping there isn't thousands)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's unusual, but I have 4 wiiU. Why did I bought 4? Because I wanted to fill their Memory with games on each consoles.
Why not just use 4 different hard drives with a single Wii U, each Hard drive (combined with the NAND) would have it's own 300 title limit, so you can still have 1200 different games on a single Wii U if you don't mind swapping out hard drives before turning on the system, that's gotta be a little more convenient than getting 4 different Wii Us to accomplish the same thing.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's a thing. From what I know, each controller can only be parried to one console at a time. So you have to pair the controller to another console EACH TIME you want to use the same controller with another console. It's how all bluetooth devices work from what I know. I'm sure the controller itself has information that tells it what to device to pair it with when it get paired and can only remember ONE device at a time. :ninja:
Actually, the gamepad uses Wi-Fi to connect. As for bluetooth, when it comes to controllers you're mostly right. Other devices like consumer robots though? No need for pairing believe it or not! Some even just let you hold your phone near it for an even more automatic connection!

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I find it highly unlikely that the loading difference is significant enough to make buying 4 consoles more appealing than just a single USB drive or hard drive
The WIi Us MLC is slow. So slow that it needs caches on SLC and a ramdisc. So yea, I don't think loading times differ.
it's so easy to launch the wiiU and launch directly the game in one click, with the option to use Gamepad, gamepad pro or easy saves via Virtual Console or WiiU injection, so nice....This is what I wanted
All of that works for games on an external harddrive, too.
I prefer using internal memory for the price and convenience.
HDDs are cheap these days and it's common knowledge that the Wii Us Hynix MLC chips die like crazy lately. So it's also common sense to not install anything to NAND to higher the lifetime of the console. We'll see if you still say using 4 Wii Us instead of a cheap HDD is a good idea in a few months. ;)

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Where did you read that I said the WiiU was the fastest console (are you a Dumbass inventing things?)
I never said that you said that the wii u is the fastest console. It is a fact. But from this answer I can already see what we are dealing with here. However, I don't get involved in that kind of discussion.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Forgot to say:
have you ever seen how much it's so much better from speed level to play from Memory instead of the usbstick? Also, try to play supermarioworld from a Sd Card or Usbstick, you will see saves don't work.
There's a big difference between playing from a SD card / FAT formatted USB drive and a Wii U formatted USB drive. Super Mario World plays just fine and saves work, too, on a Wii U formatted USB drive. Also speed is just fine that way. What slows you down is Loadiine but that's an obsolete method not needed these days. So please stop comparing apples and oranges.

//EDIT:
maybe via HD it's better compatibility, but I don't wan't to use external HD drive, I prefer using internal memory for the price and convenience.
A Wii U formatted HDD has the exact same compatibility as NAND.
Also your 4 Wii Us have around 80 GB combined (note that CafeOS itself needs some space, so not all of the 32 GB are usable). You get a 2.5" 500 GB HDD from a good, known brand for the same price you payed for a single Wii U. So saying the 4 Wii U option is so much cheaper is just wrong.
Lastly 4 Wii Us need more space than a 2.5" HDD and you don't have to exchange anything all the time (it's just connect and forget instead of thinking what Wii U has which games installed, then reconnecting all the cables and resyncing controllers). This thead alone breaks the convenience argument or why are you crying about having to resync isn't convenient?

Last edited by V10lator,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hey! Leave Sloth out if this, he's just a baby :rofl2:

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"Super Mario World plays just fine and saves work, too, on a Wii U formatted USB drive"

Ok, V10lator, you have convinced me because I almost alway played game from loadiine so didn't know Super Mario World 3D was working fine from external usb drive and not from SD, anyway can you tell what are the drawback of an external wiiU drive in comparison to wiiu MLC? Once you have a full wiiU drive, is it possible to make a image of the drive of it?
I must say also....One day I was thinking one day, we will be able to change the MLC for something else. Possible?
Anyway, I like to know "things", so no one would know which files contains bluetooth / wifi parameters of the gamepad to import to one wiiU to another? Also, I suspect one day, Aroma will be able to use usb drive, so able to launch a standard drive, like when we had WBFS on WII and now FAT32/NTFS works and are loadable.

Lostbhoy: I wont change your dippers ^^​

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can you tell what are the drawback of an external wiiU drive in comparison to wiiu MLC?
Power consumption. There are a lot of threads about this.
Once you have a full wiiU drive, is it possible to make a image of the drive of it?
A raw disc image? Sure.
One day I was thinking one day, we will be able to change the MLC for something else. Possible?
With a lot of SMD soldering experience + the correct NAND reader it should be possible to solder out the old MLC chip, copy the data onto a new one (supported by the Wii U) and solder that one in. Don't think anyone has ever tried this through.

//EDIT: IIRC there was some talk about replacing the MLC on a Discord server. They figured out the Wii U supports 8 or 32 GB only (basically the software does "if not 8 GB then it must be 32 GB") so a bigger MLC isn't possible.

//EDIT²: Also what about emunand?

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please admin ,this OP user is obviously trolling.
Is it possible to make a double HDD ? (another drive the same), if so, something empede to use on another wiiU?
Every HDD/pendrive or anything related for external storage are embedded and internally formated by the Wii U you are using for when connected for the first time, so no, cloning isn't allowed nor using the drive in another console or will be formated.

You doesn't need to use loadine to play the games from internal SD cards ,is an old method, instead just install all your games normally in the afored mentioned USB device.

Please read all the tutorials available here in this forum if you have any doubt on how to do it

Last edited by Dakangel,
Reactions: Mnecraft368

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Dakangel Cloning works (raw disk clone, so 1:1 bitwise copy) but the clone will work on the same Wii U as the original only. There is talk about extracting a disc encryption key from one Wii U and injecting it into another but that's theoretic and nobody ever tried it.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The way the Wii U's gamepad bluetooth device works, only support single device pairing, so it's not possible even with homebrew which would run on the console itself and not on the gamepad. A possibility would be a gamepad's hardware mod which would enable mulltidevice pairing, but that's on another level of things.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is talk about extracting a disc encryption key from one Wii U and injecting it into another but that's theoretic and nobody ever tried it.
Is there a risk? Easy to do? I would like to try it!

CMDreamer Nice info, from where do you have this knowledge?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb