How to learn anatomy of 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Kanakops, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Kanakops
    OP

Kanakops GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2016
    Canada
    Hey guyz im really interest for learn what is the anatomy of 3ds and knowing how to fix any problem on it for start to buy somes broken 3ds on ebay

But im the perfect noob and know nothing in this side, the only thing I have succefully done is put ram on my computer :l

So if you have any website for knowing how open the 3ds, knowing all piece and what they utility, knowing how to find the source of some problems ect its really appreciate if you can share with me

yeah my english suck I know, but hey, I have try ;s

now I have to go but im answering you when im back

2. konsolenumbau.expert

konsolenumbau.expert GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    Best way to learn such things is get on and disassemble it to the last screw and peace... Then build everything Back together. When it's still running do that again till you done it a hundred times.. Then you are a pro in repairing 3ds.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Kanakops likes this.
  3. Kanakops
    OP

Kanakops GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2016
    Canada
    yeah obviously I need to disassemble one 3ds but for obvious reasons, im not gonna disassemble my own 3ds if I know nothing about the anatomy :l

Im gonna try to buy one really cheaper, disassemble and rebuild for knowing if I can disassemble without breaking it I think :z

4. DKB

DKB FUCK OFF

GBAtemp Patron
    DKB is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    You could always buy a broken one for cheap. Cracked screen or fried motherboard. That's what I would do. Then using that you'll have a guide when messing with a working 3DS.

Kanakops likes this.
  5. Kanakops
    OP

Kanakops GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2016
    Canada
    yeah true, and broken one are really really cheap on ebay like 20$

im gonna pick one this week end and try to knowing more about the anatomy and eventually repairs it if its possible

6. Lemon_

Lemon_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2015
    Argentina
    As someone who makes a living out of repairing electronics, just google it.

Kanakops likes this.
  7. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Also ifixit have guide on how to dissasemble 3ds

Kanakops likes this.
  8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Just a heads up eBay can be a bit of a mine feild in terms of buying stuff to fix, a lot of the time "faulty" items are things that someone already tried to fix and it's dead dead or they damaged it worse in the process, or the more "guaranteed" stuff (like just a cracked screen but working) end up selling for practically the full cost - cost of replacement parts meaning you don't make any profit for the actual fixing (unless you already have a stockpile of spares you have salvaged from other dead consoles

But yeah if you buy directly from someone or get lucky on ebay, the most common faults on the o3ds/o3ds XL are just loose ribbon cables which can be fixed by just disassembling and reassembling and making sure everything is inserted properly

Last edited by gamesquest1, Jul 28, 2017
    Kanakops likes this.