How to launch FLOG on any firmware version (1.0.0-5.1.0)

You will need:
The NCA of the original version of FLOG, look for f1d1780e16fc0d555808cfd59687b188.nca, you can get it from the update directory of all gamecarts released before 2018, and some after.
A copy of Retro City Rampage DX, doesn't matter which version (although the cart version has FLOG on it ;)).
The standard RCM/homebrew gubbins.

How to do it:
1. Extract the ExeFS from the FLOG NCA to a directory using hactool (--exefsdir flag).
2. Copy the "main" file to sd:/atmosphere/titles/0100F17004156000/exefs, creating the 0100F17004156000 and exefs folders along the way (you should already have the first two).
3. Boot into custom firmware using hekate.
4. Launch Retro City Rampage DX.
5. ?????
6. Profit!

Video of it running on 5.1.0:

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me where I went wrong? I'm putting it in Mii Maker, btw
Screenshot (26).png
Screenshot (27).png
Screenshot (28).png

Last edited by trainboy2019,

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't find the FLOG rom in the main executable... i unpacked it to ELF. No NES header

EDIT : found it at DE268

The rom is so small I doubt we can inject many NES games... there is no room for a bigger rom (this one is 24592 bytes)

EDIT 2 : found a rom that was the same size, the original PacMan for NES, works perfectly fine specially since this game doesn't need any button.

Last edited by alkar,
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Extract the ExeFS from the FLOG NCA to a directory using hactool (--exefsdir flag).
2. Copy the "main" file to sd:/atmosphere/titles/0100F17004156000/exefs, creating the 0100F17004156000 and exefs folders along the way (you should already have the first two).
Thinking about it, can we already alter the titleId of a xci? And even the game icon and game name?
This way I could make a copy of Retro City Rampage DX, alter it to an unassigned titleId, rename it to FLOG, make a nice icon for it and change your second step into sd:/atmosphere/titles/myTitleId/exefs ...
But I think that's not how it works? Never played around with those hekate/layeredFS/atmosphere stuff.
This only works with installed titles (like demos), right? So the main question would be whether we could duplicate and alter an installed title instead of a xci file.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thinking about it, can we already alter the titleId of a xci? And even the game icon and game name?
This way I could make a copy of Retro City Rampage DX, alter it to an unassigned titleId, rename it to FLOG, make a nice icon for it and change your second step into sd:/atmosphere/titles/myTitleId/exefs ...
But I think that's not how it works? Never played around with those hekate/layeredFS/atmosphere stuff.
This only works with installed titles (like demos), right? So the main question would be whether we could duplicate and alter an installed title instead of a xci file.
Since NSPs are now the thing ... to quote myself ... can things like the shown title and the icon of a NSP can be changed so I could turn a NSP of a demo of something into a real FLOG.nsp?

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt