how to know what version of wasabi

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by minos55, Sep 12, 2008.

Sep 12, 2008
  1. minos55
    OP

Newcomer minos55 Member

Slovenia
    Hello, My friend just got himself a wii with a wasabi, how can we find out what version does he have instaled of the configuration disk? and wich version is the newest?

2. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    tell your friend he made the right choice, i preordered a wasabi, and ive yet to do an upgrade, everything works perfect

3. minos55
    OP

Newcomer minos55 Member

Slovenia
    I actualy recomended it to him, the guy who instals the chips has only wasabi, d2sun and d2ckey. for his console, but i did a little searching around and found that only wasabi had update functions via dvd and is inside the console [​IMG]

so the wasabi should work with out a problem with backups of super smash bros and super mario galaxy. so no update is nesesery tnx that's all we nedded to know

4. DaMummy

United States
    yea just make sure you use quality dvds, especially dual layer for ssbb, and burn it at 2.4x with imgburn, you wont need to set a layerbreak for ssbb with wasabi

5. minos55
    OP

Newcomer minos55 Member

Slovenia
    he will use verbatim like me, and is anything wrong if i set layerbrake for wasabi cuase i already have a backup and don't need it anymore. and mine has layer set

6. DaMummy

United States
    should be fine, nothing says that you shouldnt put layer break on, it just says that you dont need it