1. WiiCrazy

WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

well by "asking" I meant "requesting"... nevermind just install latest ftpii, connect to your wii using an ftp software, browse to the seeprom folder... you'll see there the file korean_key, get it... open it in notepad... if notepad window is all clear then it's not a korean wii... if it's gibberish then it's a korean wii...

[​IMG]

2. @beier

dude in the time it took you toask for somebody make the homebrew you could have done what wiicrazy said and used ftpii, quit being lazy man

3. beier

OP beier Member
    Newcomer

United States
    WiiCrazy
    Thanks! I'll try it!
    Really thanks.

snico1995
    He commented about ftpii few posts ago... And I'm trying.
    An I did not ask to do the homebrew, just asked if there was one. Ask if there is one is different than ask them to do (at least for me). [​IMG]

4. WiiCrazy

Here is a small tool I just hacked out of Joedj's Ftpii while I was creating an alternative key extractor for FE100...

http://www.wiidewii.com/data/MiiKorean.rar

Run it on your wii and it will tell if it's Korean or not...

ps: Target is not the OP by the way, possibly he should found out the origin of his wii long ago... Targeted at other paranoids around the world...

5. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Antarctica
    Slightly offtopic: Another way to check for a Korean Wii is to reload IOS to IOS 70(the actual IOS 70), then do an Ioctlv 0x45, and if it finds the key, then it will return 0. If it returns -1034, it's not a Korean Wii, or you're on the wrong IOS for some reason(returns -1017). In other words, you're doing the same check as the System Menu, except in a non harmful way.

6. WiiCrazy

Well that's not useful when you don't actually have IOS 70.. If you manage to have it on your wii then you don't need to know if your wii is Korean or not since you are either doomed by having it or you did know the consequences and patched it or made the menu use another IOS.

This app just checks the korean key on the SEEPROM and sees if it's all zeroes or not... if it's all zeroes it's not a korean wii.

7. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Antarctica
    I was just presenting another way of getting it. [​IMG]

Also, it's not unrealistic to think that someone could use DOPMii/IOS to install IOS 70 along with other IOSes to be up to date without upgrading through Nintendo.

8. beier

OP beier Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is an application of tremendous value.

A simple application that could have prevented some 003 errors ...

Great job, Wiicrazy.

Sorry for the up.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - altered, Korean, region