How to know if a wii is a new lu64 or an older one.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BMasterP, Sep 20, 2009.

1. BMasterP
    OP

Member BMasterP GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I want to install cioscorp on a wii, but i don't know if it is a new lu64 wii or older(or newer in that case), isn't there a way to detemine if it is a wii that's a (formally unsoftmoddable lu64 wii) or an older one? or am i to assume that we can only check that from the serial of the wii?

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    The serial is currently the only way.

3. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Just look at number at the bottom of the wii. if it starts LU64, LU65 etc, its one of the newer ones.

4. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    But newer Wiis are not unsoftmoddable(this is not a real word...)

I softmodded a new japanese kuro(black) Wii with no problems...

5. Sacohen9665

Member Sacohen9665 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  6. Scarfish

Member Scarfish GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Serial is not really the way. I've seen some different serials which have boot2v4 installed. You can use Trucha Bug Restorer to tell you which Boot2 version you have. If it tells you that you have Boot2v4 then better assume it is (these so called LU64 wii's have Boot2v4).

7. BMasterP
    OP

Member BMasterP GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    i know what to install on what types of wii's

i was only querious if there was a way besides the serial code. like installing an app of something similar.

so for the seconds awnser thanks.

btw lu64 models are called LEF121 and so on in holland(pal) dunno bout germany or the rest of europe and the other pal regions.

8. Lothlorian

Member Lothlorian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah TBR will let you know if it is LU64+ or not by the version of Boot2. Boot2v4 is LU64+ Wii's.

On a side note it really does not matter what you own. A Launch Wii that has never been softmoded can be hacked with the same method as LU64+ Wii's. So as long as your useing an LU64+ Wii guide you will be safe no matter what Wii you own.

9. Scarfish

Member Scarfish GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Actually the're not only LEF121 Wii's (and yes I'm very sure about that), since I had one a couple of weeks back that had Boot2v4 and started with LEH [​IMG] .

10. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    1. Install IOS35v1040, if all your channels stop working and WAD Manager crashes when you select IOS35, you have one of the "unsoftmoddable" Wiis.
    2. Check your boot2 version with TBR, if it says, it is 4, the chance is high, your Wii is one of these Wiis. Boot2 needed an update to work properly with the changed hardware on the new Wiis and was introduced shortly before the new hardware revision.
    3. Just stop using any crap that does not work on the new Wiis! There's absolutely no need to use ANYTHING that does not work on new Wiis. There are even cioscrap versions that work on these Wiis. (Ok, i'm not sure about Hermes' IOS222, but i think with rev4 it's finally compatible with new Wiis)

11. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium