Hacking How to know if a switch is banned?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...are you legit as well? I'm starting to think I brought down the eshop trying to download 100 games. I thought they'd be queued, not all at the same time.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hmm...are you legit as well? I'm starting to think I brought down the eshop trying to download 100 games. I thought they'd be queued, not all at the same time.
"Legit", as in...?
I'm currently downloading Super Smash Bros. Ultimate; got Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade 2 and YouTube on queue.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you mentioned possibly being banned, so I thought you might be an emunand user.
Oh, no, I've never been banned before; quite lucky in that regard, though since the only online service I use is eShop (I don't own a Nintendo Switch Online subscription; never will, since it's a waste of money) maybe not.

I just thought my emuMMC had been banned since I suddenly couldn't access the eShop, is all. Looked up the error code, read it's to do with Nintendo's servers, then went to nintendo.com.au to check server status, and it said "Unable to connect to network services".

I did used to use CFW (SysNAND) before system version 9.0.0 or so; before Hekate's Nyx allowed me to create emuMMC. I also had to go on CFW (SysNAND) one or two times in the last three days to see if CFW was working (those microSD card issues? Yeah, I reformatted my card several times; turns out it was just the archive bits that needed fixing).
So my sysNAND isn't spotless by a long shot. Still haven't been banned, though I was scared I had been by that error message. Doesn't seem like I have been, since surely that would result in a different error code?

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...a lot of my downloads failed, so I'm going to have to wait for it to be back up again. I'm getting the same error code btw. I'm 100% legit, so there shouldn't be any way that I've gotten banned. I do have a subscription to nintendo online. I think it's worth it for the snes games and especially cloud saving. I've already beaten breath of fire in snes catalog, so I might start bof 2 some time. I just got the animal crossing switch, so I'm trying to get everything on to that system, but it's probably going to take a few days seeing as how the eshop is down obviously. I have 100 games, and I think it downloaded maybe 25-30.

Materialized

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Sorry for bringing this up, but is there a way to check if switch has been banned without getting flagged? Say, the switch wasn't flagged for a ban, until I decided to check if it's banned or not? Would be nice to check without getting ban.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bringing this up, but is there a way to check if switch has been banned without getting flagged? Say, the switch wasn't flagged for a ban, until I decided to check if it's banned or not? Would be nice to check without getting ban.
That doesn't make sense. Even in that hypothetical scenario, the next you go online would result in you getting flagged anyways so you're going to get flagged sooner or later. Anyway what you want is impossible because Nintendo are the ones who decide who get banned so you can't check anywhere else aside from Nintendo.

Yoshi9288

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I said before I read somewhere that if you are banned you can still access the eshop, even if you can only redownload games you already own, or download demos without the ability to buy anything new. Is this true? I need to know it cause I'll try to make the seller send me a video to confirm it's not banned and the connection to the eshop seems the fastest option between online playing and game updating. The problem is that if the ban let's you connect to the eshop as if nothing happened, the seller can't confirm anything.
Thats not really true my Switch was completly banned and i have no access to the eshop anymore. The only thing i can do with the banned Switch is a System Upadate but anything other related to eShop oder online is not possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi