Hacking How to keep my Wii from updating when you put a new game in?

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been out of the homebrew scene for awhile so I kind of forgot what I need to use to do this? How do I update the disc channel so I can play the latest games that require the latest firmware without actually updating?

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this going to fix it the disc channel too since I am using a retail copy? And what if I did that before, because I think I have but I know a couple updates have come out since, am I still good?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use modmii to update to the newer ios, an grab the new build of priiloader (0.7v). an block all updates from disk an online. an you'll be good to go. even in usb loaders if you don't scrubb the disk first it will still throw the "need to update".

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Modmii the only thing I need for updating the IOSs? Like I don't need the actual IOSs do I?
How do I use Modmii I just downloaded it and it looks like a computer application...don't I need to update the IOSs on my Wii?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modmii is a computer app.... it will download the appropriate IOSes -> move to your SD card -> plug SD into the wii -> install with a wad manager....

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't messed with Modmii yet but I did try to update Priiloader and it wasn't giving me an option to edit my preferences like which updates to block etc. So I uninstalled it and then re installed it and same thing. How do I edit the preferences again? I know I did before, but I forgot how.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACWWFAN said:
I haven't messed with Modmii yet but I did try to update Priiloader and it wasn't giving me an option to edit my preferences like which updates to block etc. So I uninstalled it and then re installed it and same thing. How do I edit the preferences again? I know I did before, but I forgot how.
hold the reset button.as it powers on. an did you update priiloader to the 0.7v build? it has better setting/options.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1 Download the hacks for priiloader and put the hacks.ini file at the root of the SD card
2 You can install system menu hacks (by going to System Menu hacks)

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably get flamed for this but.........

............ if you have the latest HBC installed then I think the easiest way is to just let the Wii do an official update to the latest firmware then just re-add the couple of cIOS that have been removed and depending on your setup possibly re-patch a couple of the IOS that have been over writtten.

This will have the added bonus of doing a bit of clean up of any previous and unnecessary hacks and patches to the IOS.

Edit: You can also re-install the HBC via hackmii installer to ensure it is running on the correct IOS after the update.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I'll give this a shot later. I don't really want to try that Mantis, seems risky and I can't be bothered to re install the homebrew channel.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACWWFAN said:
Thanks I'll give this a shot later. I don't really want to try that Mantis, seems risky and I can't be bothered to re install the homebrew channel.
Re-installing the homebrew channel takes about 5 seconds. You don't have to re-hack the wii from scratch. You will just find that after certain updates to the system menu it is a good idea to re-install the homebrew channel back over the top.

If you have all the files on your pen drive it should take around 15-20 mins to place all the cIOS back on the WII after the update. The official update is the least risky of all options as there is no way to screw up an incorrect or bad copy of the system menu.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Mantis41 said:
The official update is the least risky of all options as there is no way to screw up an incorrect or bad copy of the system menu.
Are you actually suggesting that an update is risk free? A power outage can even land you with a full brick!
"least risky" not risk free

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
JoostinOnline said:
Mantis41 said:
The official update is the least risky of all options as there is no way to screw up an incorrect or bad copy of the system menu.
Are you actually suggesting that an update is risk free? A power outage can even land you with a full brick!
"least risky" not risk free
My bad, I misread your post.
Joostin slaps himself.

Still, I wouldn't say that an update is the least risky. You can update your game IOS's and never touch the System Menu or the System Menu IOS, plus you won't lose Priiloader or bootmii as boot2 (if you had it and upgrade from 4.1 or below).

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
tueidj said:
He apparently ragequits IRC if you do the same to him.
i dont believe ive ever actually chatted with joostin on irc.
Wow, you are a tool.
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night