How to keep my old saves on games after inserting private header?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Glaurung Slayer, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Glaurung Slayer
    OP

Glaurung Slayer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2010
    Brazil
    Hey guys, I've been playing offline for a while but now I wanted to try the online mode to play with some friends.

The problem is: after I inserted the private header on my games and changed ".3ds" extension to ".3dz", it seems the save files don't get recognized and I have to start all over with a new file.
    How to fix this?

Is there any way to be able to play online like this with an inserted header and keep my savefiles?
    I'm using gateway.

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Decrypt your save with SaveDataFiler before the header insertion.

Zidapi and LameNobody like this.
  3. Glaurung Slayer
    OP

Glaurung Slayer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2010
    Brazil
    I wish I had known that earlier. :cry:
    I inserted a header on most of them, I do have backup of the sd card from before inserting the headers, but now I get a fragmentation error everytime I try to re-add the "unheaded" versions of my games to the red card.

Such a mess, I've been doing this for hours, by now I just want to die. :hateit:

4. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    You can just the GRP clean function and rename the roms bak to .3ds, if the roms were headerless at the beginning.

5. Glaurung Slayer
    OP

Glaurung Slayer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2010
    Brazil
    After hours upon hours of struggle and searching back and forth, I finally managed to make it work. :wacko:

Last edited by Glaurung Slayer, Jul 30, 2015