ROM Hack How to: Japanese Voices in Mega Man Star Force 2

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, my second try at this guide. (Hopefully it doesn't get locked or I get banned in the process..) Hope you enjoy.

What you'll need:

DSLazy (I recommend DSBuff)
Copy of MMSF2 (English) of whatever version your going to use; Find it yourself!
Copy of RNR2 (Ryuusei no Rockman 2) to the corresponding game your using. (Zerker x Ninja get Berserk x Shinobi, Zerker x Sauryan get Berserk Dinosaur); Again, find it yourself!
Basic computer knowledge

1) Once you have the files, open DSBuff and open the japanese version of your game. Unpack everything and save the folder where it is easily accessible. Do not close DSBuff yet!

2) Open the US version of the game, and again save it where its easily accessible.

3) Go to your Japanese game folder, and find a folder that says "JP" or "COM". It holds the battle card data. Take the sound.sdat file out of there and put it where you can get it.

4) Go to the US game folder, and go to the same place where the sound.sdat file is.

5) Drag the Japanese sound.sdat from step 3 and drag it to the folder where the US sdat folder is. MAKE SURE IT OVERWRITES. IF IT DOESN'T YOU DID IT WRONG!!

6) Go back to DSBuff, and repack the US file. Save it whatever you want and put it on your flash cart.

7) If you did it correctly, you should hear one of the characters call out at the title screen "Ryuusei no Rockman 2: Berserk *
(Note: * symbol pertains to what version your playing)

FAQs:

Q: Does this hack mess up the game in any way?
A: As far as I know, no. I haven't had any reports of glitches.

Q: Whats so important about the voices?
A: There isn't anything important. US version doesn't have voices so I wanted some Japanese voices.

Q: Would you have done this even if it did have voices?
A: Yes I would've
tongue.gif

Q: What voices are in it?
A: Subaru (Geo), Luna, Kizamaru (Zack), Gonta (Bud), Misora (Sonia), Solo, and I believe War Rock (Omega-Xis) at the title screen. Subaru's voices is also in-game when you transform into Tribe ON.

Q: Can I use Action Replay codes?
A: Unfortunately, yes you can. The Game ID will change though. So you need to figure that out before you can use cheats. All cheats that work with the Unhacked MMSF2 will work with the Hacked MMSF2.

Enjoy

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Nevermind. DSBuff trims it after you do it!

Thanks for the guide.

Is the sound data only in the COM folder? I'm only getting the voices at the title and no where else... unless I'm not paying attention.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supakitsune said:
Couldn't you use just about any DS packing/repacking tool (I'd recommend Nitro Explorer as it can extract/insert files into DS ROMs without needing to unpack the whole ROM)?
You could do that as well. I totally forgot about that tool.

QUOTE(TheWingless @ Jun 30 2008, 03:13 AM) EDIT: Nevermind. DSBuff trims it after you do it!

Thanks for the guide.

Is the sound data only in the COM folder? I'm only getting the voices at the title and no where else... unless I'm not paying attention.

You get voices when you Tribe On.

kusohead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol somone should do an english version
nah that'd be terrible

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
kusohead said:
lol somone should do an english version
nah that'd be terrible
Thats putting it mildly
Megaman Battle Network Double Team DS
Example

dissoci8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo man i just tried this on the first one and the voices come out weird. i tested with an emulator so is that contributing to the problem?
... sorry if i bump ^^;;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1