How to install wads on 3.4

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NintendoLover64, Jul 7, 2009.

Jul 7, 2009
  1. NintendoLover64
    OP

Newcomer NintendoLover64 Advanced Member

Iceland
    this tutorial was removed sorry [​IMG]

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    IF you have IOS wads in that package, you only have a few minutes to remove the link until you get problems.

On top of that your method is illegal in general(because of IOS16), really only works on 3.4 and is much more complicated than the alternative to just use my Trucha Bug Restorer(that works on all Wiis up to 4.1).

PS: oh and i see, it's super outdated, since it uses 2 WAD Managers, while WAD Manager 1.4 simply replaces both.

3. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    fail

yet another n00b feels the wrath of wiipower.

4. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah. Guides here are generally welcome but not with links to illegal files. You may want to rewrite it specifying how to get the wads legally with NUSD. You can't do it for IOS16 since the only one you can get with NUSD is a stub, but you may be able to walk through getting some newer IOS with NUSD, then trucha patching it. That should allow it to work on LU64+ Wii's providing you don't use older IOS versions. (I'd avoid picking IOS's that are used for any system menu. That way the brick risk is lower.)

But yeah, it's a lot easier for most people to just use WiiPower's tool. He made it to avoid having to go through all of this shit.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Linking IOS wads is illegal and against the rules of this site. Also sorry, i can't stand a guide that uses illegal methods, while using legal ones is even easier.

6. NintendoLover64
    OP

Newcomer NintendoLover64 Advanced Member

Iceland
    sorry i removed the link to the file [​IMG]

7. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    hey man, dont be down about it, we've all been there [​IMG]

8. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, cIOSCORP also includes cIOS patches like the DIP module to have disc channel loading of backups. As far as I know there is no easy way to accomplish that with automatic tools.

It shouldn't be hard to, however, trucha patch all of the new IOS's. As far as I know it would just be a matter of download each non mothballed/stubbed IOS's latest version with NUSD, then running it through wwpacker's freethebug bat file. Then just installing the wads. But this wouldn't be the same as cioscorp as you would lack loading backups from the disc channel.

I tried that process with IOS61, and it looks like it installed properly. And wad manager as able to use it to install stuff, but the shop channel that uses it black screens. Then again, when I run the shop channel after patching it to use IOS249, it gives me error 002. So I suspect the channel has some sort of copy protection that it uses to detect changes in the IOS it runs on, perhaps something like what newer games need things like NeoGamma for?