How to install WAD Files directly to your SD card without an emunand

Im going to tell you how to use the wad2bin tool to install wads to your sd card

you will need.

. A windows pc

.some wads

. Your wii's sd card

. A patched ios 80 (riiconnect24 has this)

. Around 10 minutes

what to do.

1 download the riiconnect24 patcher. (https://github.com/RiiConnect24/RiiConnect24-Patcher/releases)

2 select start, wii or vwii, and them 3 (install wads to the sd card)

3. Follow the instructions to dump your wii's keys. This only has to be done once.

4. The patches will create a folder called wad2bin in the same directory. Place your wads here

5. Let the patcher install the files and then install the "bogus" wads with a wad manager. Note: you will get an error as it only installs the tmd and ticket.

6. try your game! (and tell me if it worked, i am trying to find out what works on an sd card)

Reactions: CoolMe

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks. Really looking forward for this.

I'd like to try some WADs without risking my Wii's NAND. Would this allow me to do so?

Sneethan

OP
Trophies
Website
cutt.ly
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry, I didn't mean to disrespect your work or anything.

The GUI frontend has been finished. Check the releases page from the GitHub repository.

Very cool, i will grab it tomorrow and i might update this guide or make a video or something

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The GUI frontend has been finished. Check the releases page from the GitHub repository.

Where?

Very cool, i will grab it tomorrow and i might update this guide or make a video or something

Where?

Sorry for mass quote. I am on my phone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Ancientboi at it again.