Hacking How to install USB Loader GX 1260 channel

Mr S

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am a Newbie to the Wii and got USB Loader GX rev.1260 working under the Home Brew Channel. I am looking at getting a channel for USB Loader GX so I can get into it quicker. I was able to go this with WAD Manager 1.7 on the older version of USB Loader GX, but cannot seem to get it going with rev.1260.

I downloaded the 5.1 WAD file and tried to install with WAS Manager 1.7, but the controller turns off.
I tried to install with MMM, but it failed.
I tried to install with YAWM, but that app would not load.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no channel version of r1260. The full channel was discontinued after 1180.

I don't know why people keep using the older WAD Manager app but the v5.1 forwarder from here should be installable like any other channel WAD. You just need to make sure you get the proper one for your console. The Wii one doesn't work on vWii and vice versa.

Mr S

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no channel version of r1260. The full channel was discontinued after 1180.

I don't know why people keep using the older WAD Manager app but the v5.1 forwarder from here should be installable like any other channel WAD. You just need to make sure you get the proper one for your console. The Wii one doesn't work on vWii and vice versa.

Thank you for your reply. People use whatever wad loader app because they cannot find steps to do this properly. I do not know the difference between the full channel and how this should be done.

I have the proper 5.1 wad forward file but cannot get it to load.

If anyone has steps on what app to load this with or what to do with this wad file that would be great.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply. People use whatever wad loader app because they cannot find steps to do this properly. I do not know the difference between the full channel and how this should be done.

I have the proper 5.1 wad forward file but cannot get it to load.

If anyone has steps on what app to load this with or what to do with this wad file that would be great.

I had to figure out what all of this stuff was and where it was located too.

There is an official support thread here for USB Loader GX but it's rather large. It's easier to use Google or Bing to search through it (using site:gbatemp.net) but as to the channel:

Check the Credits screen on your loader. If the version has a "c" at the end of it then it's the full channel and not the forwarder. The full channel's title ID is "UNLR" and the forwarder's is "UNEO". I think you can just remove UNLR with the Wii's channel maintenance menu, but you can also get the WAD file from here and use a WAD manager to remove it completely by selecting the WAD and telling it to uninstall it.

If your controller isn't working with older managers including MMM it's probably a WiiMotion+ one. You can either use a Gamecube controller or WiiModLite which supports WM+. (YAWMM should work with them, too, though. This is the latest one as far as I know.)

Waninkoko's WAD manager isn't being maintained by anyone now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: