How to install/run ANY Switch firmware UNOFFICIALLY (WITHOUT burning any fuses)

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by rajkosto, Jun 15, 2018.

1. minkiz88

minkiz88 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2010
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    I'm about to just give up. I'm trying to update my 1.0.0 Switch. I got the my keys from the bisdump bin and a 5.1 firmware folder from *elsewhere*, but I can't figure out how to get ChoiDujour to properly export the firmware. I get error 10308 with Choi, which I read earlier in this thread said the keys are "not right" or something. What have I done right? I have a 7kb keys file with all of the required keys (master keys, aes keys, etc.) And if I'm not homebrewed yet, do I really have to follow that entire guide, the multiple pages, or is there some easier way?

I've waited for a while to be able to hack this Switch and thought things would be easier being on 1.0.0. I'm absolutely grateful that this community exists and that it seems so robust, but I feel like I'm being punished for keeping one on 1.0.0... :/

Zaybokk likes this.
  2. Zaybokk

Zaybokk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    same here lol, but im not on 1.0.0 , im on 6.2.0
    but no one is even trying to help me downgrade been almost three days now since I been on it.. all they do is tell me to follow guides yet that's what I exactly do.. but I tell them its not me, it's that program, I can't figure out how to get ChoiDujour to export the firmware as well throwing me errors as well , and other one needs to be updated and fixed... I also have my keys.txt file(s) , it's also 7kb keys file with all of the required keys (master keys, aes keys, etc.) , btw @minkiz88 why are you still on 1.0.0 firmware?.. just wondering?.. because you do know it's better on full 6.1.0 firmware right?.., you can do full CFW on it and play all up to date games with it..

Last edited by Zaybokk, Nov 25, 2018
  3. minkiz88

minkiz88 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2010
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    I know, I kept it on 1.0.0 forever waiting for an easy solution. Decided to go ahead and hack it now, but it's too late, as the newest system is 6.2 and that's all borked, too. :/

4. minkiz88

minkiz88 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2010
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    For those like me stuck on "If your keys.txt is not located in YOUR_HOME_FOLDER/.switch/prod.keys, you will have to use something like this instead:," just put it somewhere else and set the keypath, for whatever reason this wasn't working. I'm on Windows 10.

Zaybokk likes this.
  5. gospel1988

gospel1988 Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2018
    Guatemala
    I have the same error and I can't use Kezplez's because I'm in 6.2.0 please somebody share me the correct .txt

Zaybokk likes this.
  6. Zaybokk

Zaybokk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    @minkiz88 , what is home folder exactly they never explained that part?..,

@gospel1988, and me too

7. gospel1988

gospel1988 Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2018
    Guatemala
    excuse me how you fix this problem??>??

Zaybokk likes this.
  8. minkiz88

minkiz88 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2010
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    On the Discord one guy was saying maybe the %AppData% folder. But just putting it wherever and setting its location works fine.

Zaybokk likes this.
  9. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    You can create a directory called .switch from a command prompt by typing:

md .switch

Make sure you "cd" to the correct directory first.

Zaybokk likes this.
  10. Zaybokk

Zaybokk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    so putting it anywhere works?.. and how to set it's location?.. exactly

11. minkiz88

minkiz88 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2010
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    This step:

ChoiDujour.exe --keyset=path/to/keys.txt path/to/firmware/file/or/folder

Zaybokk likes this.
  12. rafalince

rafalince GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2015
    Brazil
    How i do this ?"ACQUIRE A FULLY POPULATED hactool KEYS file"

13. saggan

saggan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    Egypt
    This is what I did and please pleaaaaaaase. I need any help I updated to 6.2 by mistake and I’m using sx os so after the update I used ChoiDukoirNX to downgrade to 5.1 and I did something wrong with the EmuNAND and nand which I even don’t know about because I’m stupid, so now I deleted everything the EmuNAND the sdcard files everything and no backups at all and I can’t load the console if I try to boot to the ofw I get black screen and if I try to boot to the cfw I get the Nintendo logo and then a black screen , I think it’s over but if there is a 1% chance to bring it back please help me I’m actually crying

14. PikachuR77

PikachuR77 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2018
    United States
    What exactly did you do? What setup are you trying to achieve? What fuses do you have burnt? Are you still able to boot payloads? Did you use AutoRCM?

15. saggan

saggan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    Egypt
    I don’t know about the fuses
    All I did
    I was on sx os 2.3 beta pressed update by mistake and updated the fw from 5.1 to 6.2
    So I used ns atmosphere to run homebrew and downgraded to 5.1 which was the mistake so I went to the sx os options and also by stupid mistake I pressed on load EmuNAND which is nothing there and all I get now is black screen and I formatted my S.S. card several times trying to load different payloads which I can but after the payload logo I get black screen and the console freezes

All I want now is to know if I can get the switch to work again, I think I can do it by installing 6.2 through Choidujour app on windows but I can’t continue I made the keys.txt file and downloaded 6.2 firmware files but Choidujour can’t continue after that and keep giving me NCA files corrupted

Zaybokk likes this.
  16. PikachuR77

PikachuR77 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2018
    United States
    What happens if you try to load SysNAND? Are you able to boot without using SX OS or are you using AutoRCM? Do you see the SX OS menu before loading? Another important thing is to check your fuse count. If you load hekate there's a way to check your fuse count in tools or options. If it's is still 6, you are able to go down to 5.1 again. If it is 8, sleep mode will not work on 5.1 again. Going in to sleep mode will make it so you have to force power off the switch by holding the button for 12 seconds.

One thing I would try is to load the latest atmosphere (8.1) which is currently the only CFW that can be loaded on 6.2. If you are able to load that, you should be able to use ChoiDujourNX (an easier to use version of ChoiDujour that runs directly on Switch) to downgrade to 5.1. However, if you are not using AutoRCM you will have to start and the previously mentioned sleep mode problem.

Zaybokk likes this.
  17. saggan

saggan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    Egypt
    Burnt fuses are 8
    I can’t boot to any thing I tried atmosphere 8.1 after the Nintendo logo a black screen and had to force shutdown
    I can see the sx os logo but after that the Nintendo logo and after that also nothing
    I already downgraded to 5.1 from 6.2 using Choidujournx
    But now I can’t open the cfw or the ofw
    Please give me any tips to work on

Zaybokk likes this.
  18. Emeraldman94

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    I cannot seem to get past step 6 and 7

I get this error:

Exception: [WARN]: Failed to match key "device_key", (value "XXXXX")

[WARN]: Failed to match key "bis_key_00", (value "XXXXX")

[WARN]: Failed to match key "bis_key_01", (value "XXXXX")

[WARN]: Failed to match key "bis_key_02", (value "XXXXX")

[WARN]: Failed to match key "bis_key_03", (value "XXXXX")

Invalid NCA header! Are keys correct?

[21428] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

19. Psychoticgamer92

Psychoticgamer92 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2018
    United States
    Okay fellas I got a big problem. My system was on 6.1.0 i had a backup of it and all boot0/1 and full nand. Then the system updated to 6.2.0. I tried to restore I restored boot0/1 no problem then tried to restore nand. Got error size didnt match. Now switch is bricked on black screen. Where can I get a boot0/1 for 6.2.0

20. Zaybokk

Zaybokk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    shouldnt have downgraded, there's no need too.. 6.2 is fully hackable now like 5.1.. just make a nand backup your good to go..