1. Tempest228

Tempest228 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was just about to ask if that was the right number of fuses to be burned when doing a 4.1 to 5.1.

2. Ah, LoL.
    It was unbelievable that someone would make such an accusation, hence my reply.
    That said, this is GBATemp after all. Certainly would not be the first time for such.

All good mate.

3. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    OK so i updated to 5.1.0 with this method, went into eShop, downloaded a demo, and when i wanted to start the demo, the console asks me to update.

What gives?

4. rajkosto

OP rajkosto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

didnt delete the mentioned marker file (and then cleared out the pending system update by entering maintenance mode)

5. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    Not sure what marker file you mean. It was a fresh switch from the store, never online before, and had no PRF2SAFE.RCV files. And while it obviously didn't have exFAT either, i deleted the 8000000000000047 save anyways. Did i miss any other files?

edit: seriously, the first time i went online with this thing was after i had updated to 5.1.0, i have no clue what it could have downloaded

Last edited by Krude, Jul 15, 2018
  6. Starzboy77

Starzboy77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can someone explain steps 6 and 7? Where do you find that file and does step 7 allow me to get exfat if I am coming from 4.0.1 to latest FW?

7. baballfr

baballfr Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi @rajkosto !

So first. Thank you for this work. It's not be easy to do this for you (i think) so thank you very much.

Now i've some questions:

I need to use Gamecartrige. But if i launch with FS_XXX option on hekate (Ctcaer fork) the cartrige don't work (i suppose that "NOGC" on "FS_XXX_exfat_nogc" mean No Game Cartrige right?).
    I've a 4.1.0 firmware for base (so update driver is currently done), should i need to boot on "Stock" option or do i need to modify something?

And the other question is: If i want to return to "official firmware" (my base @ 4.1.0), what do i need to do? Just need to copy files on my SDcard and use "Restore" option in Hekate? Right?

Azel likes this.
  8. pausuri

pausuri GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Maybe is a stupid question but I want to update to 4.1 ( I'm on 4.0.1) should be ok if I update to 4.1 using a XCI backup on SX OS??
    Because the number of efuses its the same on 4.1 and 4.0.1 (5) so it would be no burning effuses right?
    Thanks!

9. Evered

Evered Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    If I follow this tutorial, I cannot boot Horizon since it will burn my fuses right? I want to go from 4.0.1 to 5.1.0 for Pokemon quest, so I'm not sure if doing this from within SX OS is asking for a ban.

10. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    Can you help me with this please im using the keys from the biskeydump.bin payload which i turned into key.txt
    I downloaded the nx4.10 folder from the *COUGH* Location and extracted to a folder

here is my cmd prompt

C:\Users\mini\Desktop\Switch>ChoiDujour.exe --keyset=C:\Users\mini\Desktop\Switc
    h\Keys.txt C:\Users\mini\Desktop\Switch\FirmwareNX4.1.0

ChoiDujour 1.0.2 by rajkosto
    uses hactool by SciresM Links removed or cant post
    visit Links removed or cant post for updates and more Switch stuff!

Using source firmware files from folder C:\Users\mini\Desktop\Switch\FirmwareNX4
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "ChoiDujour.py", line 373, in <module>
    File "ChoiDujour.py", line 209, in call_hactool
    Exception: Invalid NCA header! Are keys correct?

[4168] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

Hope you can help thank you

11. cyndor

cyndor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can boot horizon through Hekate or use SX OS and it will not burn your fuses.
    You are using the wrong keys. Hint look in the tutorials section for switch keys or google master keys.

Last edited by cyndor, Jul 16, 2018
  12. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Question
    Would I find the KEYS file somewhere online or is it something that I would generate on my own with hactool or biskeydump?

Last edited by Anfroid, Jul 16, 2018
  13. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

United States
  14. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-switch-keys-for-hactool-xci-decrypting.506978/
    See my post above

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you do it from Hekate you might be better off.
    Just remember that anything you do online on a modified console could possibly get you banned.it might not happen immediately, but the chance is always there

Anfroid likes this.
  15. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  16. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Great thread, Just read the whole thing :)

I have a 2.3.0 Switch that I've been keeping offline and barely using. Here is my plan:

1. Upgrade to 5.1.0 using this guide so as to preserve the ability to downgrade to a fw that potentially allows cold boot
    2. Do not block the cartridge slot update. I plan on getting an SX OS license anyway and from what I can see there is no way to stop the cartridge slot from updating with SX OS (yes I'm impatient, although not that impatient because SX OS has been out for a while)
    3. Run SX OS via AUTORCM
    4. Profit

Am I correct in my thinking that once a cold boot method to launch CFW on lower firmwares is released, then the chances are high of the updated cartridge slot not being an issue?
    I assume that once we can cold boot we will be launching the latest fw anyway and the cartridge port will work. The only thing is I won't be able to launch 2.3.0 and use the cartridge port, but can anyone see a reason to want to do that anyway?

Last edited by chr0m, Jul 16, 2018
  17. TheArchitect-

TheArchitect- Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Got a quick question:

I just bought a Switch, which came with 4.1.0 (unpatched version, thank god). Never went online and haven't really done anything except a NAND backup.
    I was planning to use this guide to update to 5.1.0 to get exFAT support and effectively use my Switch.
    Can I (if and) when the warmboot exploit gets released just restore my 4.1.0 NAND through hekate (since I won't burn efuses by updating) or would I have to go through this guide again to downgrade back to 4.1.0?

Thanks

18. Nkrlz

Nkrlz Member
    Newcomer

Monaco
    I have a 3.0 Switch with this method i must use a jig (at some point), no? (also if i update to the lastest 5.1 but block the cartridge port firm update would i be able to use any cart game on that firm?)

19. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Plan sounds good, unless the coldboot requires a cartridge to work for whatever reason

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Theoretically yes, an nand restore should work.
    BOOT0+1 and rawnand.bin would be required to revert changes

20. cyris69

cyris69 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Now what about the games nagging you to update system or game software? Is it safe to update whatever it is wanting to for?

21. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yes, that's the only flaw in my plan!

Going to do the upgrade now, wish me luck! ;)

My SX OS code just arrived in email as well

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - UNOFFICIALLY, firmware, (WITHOUT